The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Data source for cold calls

awesom-o

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Aug 10, 2011
United Kingdom
I've been cold calling last couple of days and I'm really struggling to find good sources of phone numbers for targets. I used a website called zoominfo.com which has been hopeless! They have all been either 'front of house numbers', out of service and some have directed me to the wrong company!

Does anyone know of a good source for this kind of data? FYI I'm trying to get through to telecoms managers or similar.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Yellowpages now maybe salesgenie or hoovers later. There is always low hanging fruit in the yellowpages if you know where to look.

Trying something called leadresearchgroup.com too.

These leads are fairly cheap.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
If you're not getting results from zoominfo, you're doing something wrong. You might think about refining your pitch, making more calls or looking at your product. There is a TON of money to be made with a good product and cold calling from zoom info. Yes, there are some bad numbers, wrong numbers, etc. But there's also alot of good info on it.

Also... wrong numbers, or people that no longer work there are an opportunity... it gives you some legitimacy. Ask to speak with whoever took over their duties... I have a had a high success rate with getting in touch with replacements.

When it comes down to it... its a numbers game for cold calling.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
One good source for quality leads is InfoUSA | Mailing Lists | Email Marketing Lists | Business | Sales Leads | Consumer. (They mainly sell mailing lists, but these lists come with verified phone numbers). I have dealt with them before on behalf of a client so I know what you pay for there is solid (and up to date + verified) info. You can search by geographical areas, industries, etc. etc..

awesom-o

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Aug 10, 2011
United Kingdom
Thanks for the replies will take a look at the sites mentioned.

If you're not getting results from zoominfo.

Strange I've called 30 contacts from Zoominfo around 12 numbers were unobtainable. The others have taken me to a wrong company or just the general customer support line. I've only had one where I got through to the target.

As you say its a numbers game and I need to try more. Will let you know how I get on.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
That's a small sample size, it may or may not be representative. But 30 calls takes 30 - 45 minutes tops. (Once you have compiled a list from zoominfo.) Usually leaving voice mails is fairly useless. 30 calls is almost nothing, if you want to cold call for your business, there's no reason you cant hammer out 250 calls in a day. Do that for a week straight and see if you don't have new customers.

Jason K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Mar 10, 2013
Manta.com is pretty good. The business owner's name is there most of the time, and even better, it's frequently correct. You can drill down by city, industry, size, revenue, employees...

The very best lists, however, are the ones you generate yourself. Do these during "No Pay Time", ie. the hours in which your customers are NOT available to you. Do not waste all day doing list generation and then say, "Oh well, it's 5:00--can't call today." That's a TIME-WASTER.

Generate your own lists by figuring out your ideal client profile. Then search for them. You'll be pre-qualifying as you go.

Remember, a No today is not a No forever. So the list doesn't vaporize once you dial each number a single time. Call again in 3-6 months. Their situation may have changed.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%