The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Data protection for EU (European) clients.

zeema n

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 9, 2021
Russia
Hi guys, nice to be here.
This question is about some boring stuff, but I need to ask.
I am working on a course to teach people about social networks. In in order to sell my course to people using my sales funnel I need their emails.

Okay, here comes the boring stuff: I know that Europe has some tight rules about data protection. I have to explain them about cookies, and about how we will process their personal data (emails, name, date of birth, and so on).

Most of my audience will be in Spanish speaking countries (Spain, the main one) but we live in Russia and our business is registered in Russia.

I would go on and hire a legal consultant in Spain, however I will also have clients in Latin-America, Puerto Rico, and many other countries.

What should I do? I cannot go and hire a consultant in every country I feel I will have a client from.

Maybe this is a dumb question and maybe my English is lame, but any light you could give me would help me a lot.

Thanks for reading this :)

Best

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Since you speak English you can read upon this requirements online.
I can't point you to specific site - do your job.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
From my understanding, EU's data protection laws are the strictest in the Western world. Work on adhering to the GDPR and anything else you might dig up and you should be good everywhere else. That said, do your research; in just a few seconds I came across a Google hit that said "There is currently no comprehensive data privacy legislation in Puerto Rico" so just cross reference a few sources for each country you are doing business in. This is part of your due diligence.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.