What's new

Darren's Dilemma

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Darren.P.R

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Oct 21, 2018
Messages
43
Location
Berkshire UK
Rep Bank
$355
User Power: 116%
I need to just unload all of this mental data! I have not been active enough, I take full responsibility and will now commit 10 minutes per evening a day to checking this site!
I previously posted about feeling caged and not being surrounded by the right people, I got the answer of basically buy your way into these circles by attending the most expensive gym etc......so I did I joined and guess what, its as simple as that. Not only now do I see people who are ahead of me, I use the gym daily. I cannot stress enough how simple it is......go to the gym! I even bought wireless headphones so I can listen to audio books in the spa!

Anyway my dilemma, I run an events business. I work 1 - 3 days a week with minor admin everyday and the odd phone call. I am free to do whatever I please from Monday - Friday and to give you an idea this week -Friday - evening disco & dancefloor ( 7 hours ) - -Saturday - Disco ( 5 hours )- -Sunday - Party ( 3 hours ). This will give me an earning of £1,300, which some people will take a month to earn.

So currently I have one rule of the Fastlane, freedom! during the week and a comfortable but not impressive income. I have a 4 year old son who I see at the weekends, however in the evening I steer the wheel that means I go off to work and trade my time for money :-(

I am desperate to invest my full energy into something yet I do not want to grow the events business as there is only so much demand and booking DJ's and sub contracting others nets me a very small percentage. I know I have created myself a well paid job that enables me freedom but to scale up will cause me to work more hours.

There is no simple answer and I want brutal answers. I am steering this wheel, its entirely me. I just need a new goal post so I can put all my energy towards the new Fastlane business and stop trading my time for money! By posting this here I feel it holds me responsible to make these changes.

Have a good day
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Xjomi lpux zua'si puv dmuti vu cioph Getvmepi, duphsevt up qsugovoph gsun iwipvt. O'n op vji teni heni cav xovj deppecot epf natod epf ov't puv ep ietz vetl vu qsugov gsun iwipvt itqidoemmz dunoph ugg Duwof. Zua'si xez ejief ug ni up nivsodt epf muuloph gusxesf vu jiesoph nusi ecuav zuas qsuhsitt.
 
Xjomi lpux zua'si puv dmuti vu cioph Getvmepi, duphsevt up qsugovoph gsun iwipvt. O'n op vji teni heni cav xovj deppecot epf natod epf ov't puv ep ietz vetl vu qsugov gsun iwipvt itqidoemmz dunoph ugg Duwof. Zua'si xez ejief ug ni up nivsodt epf muuloph gusxesf vu jiesoph nusi ecuav zuas qsuhsitt.
Og upmz O duamf timm deppecot op Iphmepf, vjev xuamf ci e tasi gosi xez vu vji getv mepi jeje
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom