The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dan Lok failed 13 times in business? How did he recover?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
an important distinction.
I guess I have misread something.
helped others build 50B in wealth
Still immersive.

I woner about the net worth of Dan Lok.
$15000000 penthouse? Means he might have $50 million if true, because that penthouse is a liability, not asset.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dylc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 3, 2018
If you listen to what Dan Lok says in the video I think he never actually claimed he owned the property... It's just his business HQ

Its just this one rented...

Coal Harbour Vancouver Luxury Apartment, Three Harbour Green

From my knowledge he started off with a subscription service teaching people how to play Ping Pong, then gradually moved on to what he does now which is IM and makes money now on courses for sales training

W. Sabria

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Apr 30, 2018
Miami, FL
Maybe it was the Bentley, but I have to admit... I fell into Dan Lok's lead funnel.
He's starts with a very "unscripted "-like message. So needless to say, I was very curious about where he was going with it.

His videos are well produced and his sequencing of messages are actually really well thought-out. After about 40minutes of video content he get to this: you need a valuable, scaleable skill. He's betting on most people not really having any that truly qualifies, so he offers the idea that being a "high ticket closer" could be your valuable, scaleable skill. And thus, this is what his seminar is meant to teach you. How to be a closer.

Lastly, after you "graduate" from his course, he connects you with companies that need these closers to sell shit for them.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Act Now For A FREE EXCLUSIVE REPORT OF THE NEXT HOT GURU'S RAGS TO RICHES STORY

THE_BIGGEST_SMELLIEST_ACTION_FAKE_EVER_IN_THE_HISTORY_OF_THE_EXECUTION_SECTION_EVER.pdf

"THIS HYPED UP PDF WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE" - NOT A PAID REVIEWER FROM SOME IM FORUM

"I TRIED THIS CRAZY METHOD AND NOW I'M MAKING AN ALL TOO CONVENIENTLY FAR AWAY BUT ATTAINABLE $10,000 A MONTH"
- NOT AUNT PERL

"I NEVER IMAGINED I'D BE LIVING EVERY EMASCULATED 17 YEAR OLD MALE'S FANTASY OF POWER AND WEALTH." - Bob the Guru's Guru Friend

19 EASY AUTOBILLING PAYMENTS OF F*ck OFF. EXCLUSIVE. LIMITED TIME ONLY.

ACT NOW AND YOU CAN SIGN UP FOR GURUTARD EXTRAORDINAIRE'S EXCLUSIVE PLATINUM GOLD VIP CIRCLE JERKING GROUP

PS: WE'LL TEACH YOU THE SECRETS OF CAPS LOCK, HYPERBOLIC TITLES, AND RED FONT.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
lol love it. I always wondered if people read those long obnoxious marketing pages, and then "click here" to purchase.
I never got it. I guess it works though.

Act Now For A FREE EXCLUSIVE REPORT OF THE NEXT HOT GURU'S RAGS TO RICHES STORY

THE_BIGGEST_SMELLIEST_ACTION_FAKE_EVER_IN_THE_HISTORY_OF_THE_EXECUTION_SECTION_EVER.pdf

"THIS HYPED UP PDF WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE" - NOT A PAID REVIEWER FROM SOME IM FORUM

"I TRIED THIS CRAZY METHOD AND NOW I'M MAKING AN ALL TOO CONVENIENTLY FAR AWAY BUT ATTAINABLE $10,000 A MONTH"
- NOT AUNT PERL

"I NEVER IMAGINED I'D BE LIVING EVERY EMASCULATED 17 YEAR OLD MALE'S FANTASY OF POWER AND WEALTH." - Bob the Guru's Guru Friend

19 EASY AUTOBILLING PAYMENTS OF f*ck OFF. EXCLUSIVE. LIMITED TIME ONLY.

ACT NOW AND YOU CAN SIGN UP FOR GURUTARD EXTRAORDINAIRE'S EXCLUSIVE PLATINUM GOLD VIP CIRCLE JERKING GROUP

PS: WE'LL TEACH YOU THE SECRETS OF CAPS LOCK, HYPERBOLIC TITLES, AND RED FONT.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
lol love it. I always wondered if people read those long obnoxious marketing pages, and then "click here" to purchase.
I never got it. I guess it works though.

It mainly boils down to knowing where to target ads and what emotions to target once they hook in someone who's in the right state of mind.

Direct response and copywriting are very powerful tools that can be used for positive and negative purposes.

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
For the naysaying never-going-to-amount-to-anything douchebags: observe one of his fellow guru buddies, who has laid out in detail how he got there, on a yearly basis since he started:
https://projectlifemastery.com/my-june-2017-monthly-goals-report/

Oh, looks like another guru!! He must be a crook! He must have made his money only from consulting and fakery!

Except those goal reports of his go back to when he had a full head of black hair (you can see his oldest youtube videos) and was making a pittance. Except he's explained in detail that he got his start with kindle books (he made north of 500 of them, some himself, some hiring ghostwriters), before then expanding into courses on how to make money with kindle books yourself (leveraging that skill he built up), before then expanding into other areas, leveraging his stable recurring income.

But I don't know the specific naaaames of his companies! So it must all be fake!

If you get rich and then tell others how to do it: you're a guru faker! If you don't tell anyone, then you got it by graft or in impossible ways I'll never know so it couldn't apply to me!

I'm not satisfied with being a no-hoper loser, I want to verbalize it on an ongoing basis all over other people! That's where the loser get's his fullest and most pleasurable self-indulgence.

f*ck, this place draws some absolute, complete and utter loser, self-inflicted, garbage attitude, committed defeatist mentality, [redacted].

If I ran it, grumbling at the rich would be an automatic permaban offence, and any new registrant would have to go through a screening test to weed out those who are just here to self-indulge and drag the rest of us down.

Gotta love this... guess what bro. You don't run it.

But feel free to keep flaming the masses of people on this forum for having a different opinion of you, that is a sure way to be respected here.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I actually like Dan. He’s got a lot of good videos, I’ve particularly liked his ones on mindset and martial arts stuff. I don’t think his course is for me, but he’s obviously providing value to people who want it, and probably inspiring people too. Gotta respect what he’s made for himself.

P789

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 23, 2020
Legazpi, Philippines
NOW HERE IS WHAT I DO NOT GET!

So one of his videos features an (apparently) live sales call, where he sells consulting for $10000 for two hours. Ok cool, that's a lot of money.

So then I watched his seminar where he spends 20 minutes talking about his life and what he owns now, which includes a $15 MILLION PENTHOUSE. And he explicitly states that he OWNS it.
Acutally, his supposed to be live sales call is simply fake, its made up. This video will explain this further.
View: https://youtu.be/y2kL6zjvyr0

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Only???? I thought it would be way more somehow
What is failure anyway?
A failed product launch? A shuttered business?
A lost client who dropped out from the email list?

I never like entrepreneur failure rates thrown around here and there....they never really talk about what constitutes 'failure'. And some failures might actually be just the result of market tests or realigning your resources that eventually improves success.

If I didn't dump some of my toxic freelance clients in 'failure' last year, I think I'd be half-dead today lol.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
His teachings and materials are good, as long as you are not the one percent who paid 2k for some premium course. I would say he produce one of the best quality free content.

He definitely had made “some money”. Just the set up is costly. Try renting everything and recreate what he is doing. You cannot start the business without serious cash like at least a million siting in the bank.

How he made his money? This is the most contentious point for most guru. Copywriting? Consultant for salon? Website teaching pingpong? Which is the grand slam? He wasn’t very clear on that.

I think he went through a lot of entrepreneurship hustle and finally met his grand slam-his wife. He seemed particularly hen-packed for a “Successful Asian businessman”, which is rather rare in the community. That is just my wild speculation.

Abrodos

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Sep 25, 2019
Barcelona, Spain
I like him and his content bc for me he's a symbol, a reminder of my weak points and a strong message that keeps me on track, which is something I have difficulty doing. Some of his instagram motivational images are on my desktop.

I care very little for appearance myself, but I know self-image and general attitude are important in business and in life, and he does a very good job creating that success appearance and transmitting that attitude.
So I still have stuff to learn from him even if he's a guru. If he is, he's a very good one as I (and some other here) can't see through the seams, so he's someone to look forward to/model in that sense.

BTW I personally know another student of Dan Peña and I can see some patterns: a "taken too far" power suit/ appearance, but also a super strong attitude, being able to resist much more than regular people, an extraordinary belief in one's self and zero fear in becoming big.
That is for me something to look up to.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.