- Joined
- Oct 3, 2007
- Messages
- 1,743
Rep Bank
$1,255
$1,255
User Power: 28%
I have a vacant health forum (board) that has been sitting for over a month because I've been busy. Two days ago, I decided I would upload some content from articles I had written previously, complete all the mods, and finish the board up.
Apparently, there is GREAT interest in spamming an empty board. I have my ideas about the culprit, but I wanted to know if anyone here has ever had this happen. At the very least, I HAVE to be on a list somewhere for something....like friggin 10 to 15 different people a day, different IP's, all for a board that barely exists at the moment. What a PITA!
Thing is, the only people that know about it are a few close friends of mine for testing, and anyone who has seen my link to it from here when I had asked for opinions about my UI. That is my only active link (intentional) so I wouldn't have this problem until I was ready for people to use the board. Of course super LOW SER would appear, but there isn't enough content to make it search-able for other 'on topic' various terms.
It's getting ridiculous that these people are setting themselves up to be hiding in the grass at a later moment.
I know when I first joined here, spam members were much much worse than now. What changed?
Apparently, there is GREAT interest in spamming an empty board. I have my ideas about the culprit, but I wanted to know if anyone here has ever had this happen. At the very least, I HAVE to be on a list somewhere for something....like friggin 10 to 15 different people a day, different IP's, all for a board that barely exists at the moment. What a PITA!
Thing is, the only people that know about it are a few close friends of mine for testing, and anyone who has seen my link to it from here when I had asked for opinions about my UI. That is my only active link (intentional) so I wouldn't have this problem until I was ready for people to use the board. Of course super LOW SER would appear, but there isn't enough content to make it search-able for other 'on topic' various terms.
It's getting ridiculous that these people are setting themselves up to be hiding in the grass at a later moment.
I know when I first joined here, spam members were much much worse than now. What changed?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
