The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cybersecurity Fastlane!

Marcus007

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Sep 3, 2019
Hello Fastlaners, I'm a cybersecurity engineer who made a cybersecurity service company in a location with many businesses but a lot of security holes. Currently throwing a lot of spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks. Future is looking bright.

It's my pleasure to be apart of such an ambitious and intelligent community, looking forward to sharing the good energy!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Welcome! Please don't hack me k thanks.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Welcome!

What services do you offer, and do you have any advice for Internet entrepreneurs who are growing quick, need cybersecurity, but don't have time to think much about it or do much extra to protect themselves?

Thanks

Marcus007

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Sep 3, 2019
Depends what you're doing. In general you want strong unique passwords on everything requiring a login, multi-factor authentication on anything you're not willing to lose, don't fall for phishing attacks (clicking links in emails), make backups of important info, be very careful who you give admin privileges and only give them access to what they need for their job. Likely you may also may need to audit your website for security holes. This should help a lot in reducing your risk.

G

Guest24480

Welcome! My day job is also cybersecurity related although the business I am working on is not.

Definitely lots of opportunity in the space. Any reason why you chose a service company instead of developing a cybersecurity product? That's where the big money is imo.

Marcus007

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Sep 3, 2019
Welcome! My day job is also cybersecurity related although the business I am working on is not.

Definitely lots of opportunity in the space. Any reason why you chose a service company instead of developing a cybersecurity product? That's where the big money is imo.

Yep my plan is to eventually provide a product, especially to gov or enterprise. However, a service business lets me 1) make more money asap to save for larger opportunities 2) gets me in touch with a lot of people whom all have problems I can write down to launch a product for, 3) will eventually guarantee I can leave my job and not work for a single person again.

I think the problem most people have is they take too long to get started, if they start at all. Too often they'll miss their chance. With this type of strategy, I can be in the game and set myself up for bigger moves along the way.

Marcus007

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Sep 3, 2019
Congrats! What's your marketing plan ?

Cold emails, cold calls, flyers, attending conferences in town. Basically I want every business in town to know my service and exactly how it may benefit them. Once I do that, I plan on focusing to a larger adjacent city. Basically doing the same thing but at a larger scale. However, I won't forget the smaller town, I'll just keep working with past clients (maintain relationships) while incentivizing them to give me referrals.

Like I said, I'm throwing spaghetti at the wall, seeing what platforms work best. Maybe LinkedIn and social media will convert in a certain demographic, while cold calls and conferences will convert in another. Marketing will be what takes me from side projects to a coherent business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...