The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cyber Security

Road1996

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 15, 2016
New York
Hey guys so I am currently studying Cyber Security here in college, and I am trying to find ways to leverage a business out of this knowledge. I've thought about things like online courses, ebooks, etc., but what else is there? I'm having trouble brainstorming up some ideas.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

Hey guys so I am currently studying Cyber Security here in college, and I am trying to find ways to leverage a business out of this knowledge. I've thought about things like online courses, ebooks, etc., but what else is there? I'm having trouble brainstorming up some ideas.

What problems can you solve? Forget the vehicle, focus first on the destination.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
What problems can you solve? Forget the vehicle, focus first on the destination.

This is always a better approach. What problem is there in cyber security that is lacking solutions or reinvention?

The market doesn't care about our egoistic ambitions.

This is a difficult space, which is a good thing. But college doesn't do a very good job at teaching this stuff cause they are always last.

So in effect you have to be so superb that you actually know things that your professors and other entrepreneurs don't. Cause you really think you are gonna get a patent on something if someone taught you that thing? Hmm...

For example when I was getting a degree on finance they taught me nothing on bitcoin. Nothing. And this was when it was new. Even if they thought it was a scam how come I didn't get taught why it was a scam and not a real currency?

This is were I think that if you are constantly waiting for someone to "teach" you something, especially in business were its ultra competitive its stunt your growth. Cause to be super competitive and unstoppable you gotta understand things not many do.

D

Deleted50669

This is always a better approach. What problem is there in cyber security that is lacking solutions or reinvention?

The market doesn't care about our egoistic ambitions.

This is a difficult space, which is a good thing. But college doesn't do a very good job at teaching this stuff cause they are always last.

So in effect you have to be so superb that you actually know things that your professors and other entrepreneurs don't. Cause you really think you are gonna get a patent on something if someone taught you that thing? Hmm...

For example when I was getting a degree on finance they taught me nothing on bitcoin. Nothing. And this was when it was new. Even if they thought it was a scam how come I didn't get taught why it was a scam and not a real currency?

This is were I think that if you are constantly waiting for someone to "teach" you something, especially in business were its ultra competitive its stunt your growth. Cause to be super competitive and unstoppable you gotta understand things not many do.
Interesting perspective I hadn't considered before, the idea that college is always last. From a sustainability perspective this makes sense; they teach the pieces that are already vetted in corporate america and enable people to get jobs. Some classes do a better job of teaching thought processes that allow one to find new hidden trends. Almost none of them encourage students to actively seek problems, though. They give you the problem ahead of time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.