Interesting lesson I learned the other day.
The picture in my avatar was once on the "The Author" page of my website. This page is the "about us" page for my business. [I've been an author all my life but never published anything until recently. Being a Fastlane student, I decided recently to write and sell my own original books as a business. More on that in a future progress thread].
The picture, if you've seen it, is me holding a book I published and began selling in Janurary 2010. The reason I took that picture was so when you look at it you know exactly what is going on. "Somebody wrote a book...this is the guy who wrote it and that is the book that he wrote."
That is what I think when I see that picture. A customer told me the other day that when he looks at it he thinks "Hey, look everybody, I wrote a book!" TOTALLY different perception and interpretation. It was amazing to me for only a moment, then I changed the picture.
I'm having some new professional pictures of myself taken at my office soon to change the image.
Customer perception of you, your business, and your products/services is what matters, not your own.
Jay Abraham has described how we have neither the right nor the power to determine what the market wants or needs at a given time. This applies to the market's perception as well. Get feedback from your customers whenever you can. What they think is the "power" that will propel you forward.
The picture in my avatar was once on the "The Author" page of my website. This page is the "about us" page for my business. [I've been an author all my life but never published anything until recently. Being a Fastlane student, I decided recently to write and sell my own original books as a business. More on that in a future progress thread].
The picture, if you've seen it, is me holding a book I published and began selling in Janurary 2010. The reason I took that picture was so when you look at it you know exactly what is going on. "Somebody wrote a book...this is the guy who wrote it and that is the book that he wrote."
That is what I think when I see that picture. A customer told me the other day that when he looks at it he thinks "Hey, look everybody, I wrote a book!" TOTALLY different perception and interpretation. It was amazing to me for only a moment, then I changed the picture.
I'm having some new professional pictures of myself taken at my office soon to change the image.
Customer perception of you, your business, and your products/services is what matters, not your own.
Jay Abraham has described how we have neither the right nor the power to determine what the market wants or needs at a given time. This applies to the market's perception as well. Get feedback from your customers whenever you can. What they think is the "power" that will propel you forward.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
