The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cryptocurrency Experience

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, and can you imagine some people pay $10k for custom machines just to have the opportunity to race for some coins :D
That is crazy but I have seen it, and it is usually the early bitcoin adopters that got in at a few dollars. Now they have extra $$ to get the miners. I will just stick to VTC its going up 34% + with $ 817,727 volume

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
I don't even think the system can handle it. I did 0.1 MAX with 0.01 BTC and it still hasn't gone through. That was the market price too!

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
Anyone wanna toss the newb a couple of suggestions for spreading my load 4 ways? I am so far thinking that moon is one of my picks. I wont hold it against anyone if things go south as I am a slow trader.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Careful guys.

Some people are paying WELL over the odds for maxcoin.

In my calculations it should not be worth more than Quark x 2.5

That would put it in a $50 Million marketcap. Got a long way to get there (not saying it won't).

So max 30000 satoshis per coin at top end after a long long climb.

I'm not paying more than 14000 sats or 0.00014

Let the panic buyers get in there first and watch it drop like a stone later on and then get in.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Anyone wanna toss the newb a couple of suggestions for spreading my load 4 ways? I am so far thinking that moon is one of my picks. I wont hold it against anyone if things go south as I am a slow trader.

At this point, I have no idea what's going up next. If there's a big drop in BTC (say to around $500), I'll redouble and get all the coins I can once more. Otherwise, I'm pretty much done right now with setting up my portfolio.

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
At this point, I have no idea what's going up next. If there's a big drop in BTC (say to around $500), I'll redouble and get all the coins I can once more. Otherwise, I'm pretty much done right now with setting up my portfolio.
What makes you say it will drop to $500 ? links ?

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
What makes you say it will drop to $500 ? links ?
Oh, nothing makes me think that: it just could happen. I just haven't seen any movement in my portfolio really, but if it were to fall drastically, I'd do at least one more basket purchase across all coins/stocks and then hold and see what happens. If it's gone further, no reason to make any more donations to Satoshi...

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
Kinda bummed to miss out on mining MAX, between being sick with a serious case of flu, and then the Ice Storm 2014 we just had took out my main box that I use for mining and building coins :-( We didn't lose power, but the power brownedout to nearly out and then back repeatedly almost like it was switching through different circuits, and my APC Back-Ups apparently didn't do anything to filter it...and guess what? SSD drives can't take that kinda cycle but regular drives can. Who knew. I gotta try and get outta flu-zombie state long enough to get to staples and get one drive. Then I can reload the one OS that is causing grub to fail to do anything right now, reinstall grub, and maybe if I'm lucky I will be able to try to mine MAX.... late friday night. I'm gonna guess its a lost cause now/difficulty went high.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Kinda bummed to miss out on mining MAX, between being sick with a serious case of flu, and then the Ice Storm 2014 we just had took out my main box that I use for mining and building coins :-( We didn't lose power, but the power brownedout to nearly out and then back repeatedly almost like it was switching through different circuits, and my APC Back-Ups apparently didn't do anything to filter it...and guess what? SSD drives can't take that kinda cycle but regular drives can. Who knew. I gotta try and get outta flu-zombie state long enough to get to staples and get one drive. Then I can reload the one OS that is causing grub to fail to do anything right now, reinstall grub, and maybe if I'm lucky I will be able to try to mine MAX.... late friday night. I'm gonna guess its a lost cause now/difficulty went high.

You didn't miss much. It came out at 0.1BTC and promptly dropped to 0.001BTC and below.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Maxcoin at CryptoRush. No sell orders at the moment, but it looks like this coin is a bust overall tbh

21elnegocio

Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
BTC $741.13 , Vertcoin on the rise $^
Craptsy is acting up vertcoin is on the rise, dont know by how much since its not on crypto-currency market coin at the moment. BTC tips accepted :) Send to my btc wallet on avatar, I would really put this to work and try out new coins or whatnot

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
CryptoRush has been putting up some really shitty coins: PescetaCoin (even though it has the same ticker PEC as PeaceCoin), VodkaCoin, TittieCoin, BeerCoin, PizzaCoin, etc. Oh well, into the basket they go :/

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
u didnt miss much.

the whole launch was similar to a premine since only programmers and the developers knew how to get things to work in the beginning. no windows wallet qt. only mac and linux. no pools at launch. they knew if they actually created windows wallet qt, difficulty would shoot thru the roof and they wouldnt be able to *premine* as much.

all the non-programmers were confused. once the average joes were able to get things to work, ppl figured out ways to mine with their gpus, and difficulty shot thru the roof.

last time i checked difficulty was at 800. so its impossible to solo mine now.

im switching over to meow or sth

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
just curious, is there a reason u are putting your bets on moon? cuz i see major buy/sell walls on cryptsy.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Max"ripoff"coin is selling for 0.02 on mcxnow

WTF

$15 per coin so they are putting a marketcap on at 250,000,000 * 15 = 3.75 Billion

Such pain is incoming for these noob or fake investors.

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
Yeah, agreed MAXCOIN is a load of balls.

On another note, is anyone else feeling the pain in respect of WDC?

Apparently Scharmbeck is falling apart and a few WDC board members have resigned.

I was previously an advocate of WDC but I am not quite as confident now. I have 18500 worth of WDC and don't know whether to ride it out or cut my losses and liquidate.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Yeah, agreed MAXCOIN is a load of balls.

On another note, is anyone else feeling the pain in respect of WDC?

Apparently Scharmbeck is falling apart and a few WDC board members have resigned.

I was previously an advocate of WDC but I am not quite as confident now. I have 18500 worth of WDC and don't know whether to ride it out or cut my losses and liquidate.

It seems to me that the only thing driving the maxcoin craze atm is the initial scarcity, but that cannot last as hundreds of thousands of coins are mined and introduced onto the market, it'll take five times more money than is introduced into Litecoin on a daily basis to keep up. Can that happen?

I cut my losses on WDC and got out (60,000). Bought in at 4000 to 4200 and sold for 3800 to lowest 3300. I made back my losses and more on LEAF and VTC.

The real sign that something was wrong was the 500 BTC giveaway to a random shareholder. What company does that?

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Last edited:

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
Ouch.

Looks like I will sell out later this evening.

Actually bought 20,000 from Scharmbeck with FIAT. Nasty loss. :banghead:

If anyone wants to share a good altcoin to speculate on, please let me know.:tiphat:

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Ouch.

Looks like I will sell out later this evening.

Actually bought 20,000 from Scharmbeck with FIAT. Nasty loss. :banghead:

If anyone wants to share a good altcoin to speculate on, please let me know.:tiphat:

Get your miner set up and get into Antimatter, the coin I am releasing from the first few seconds.

I'll give you plenty of warning before the release.

You'll be heavily rewarded for it and it won't cost you anything, all you need is a graphics card.

The first 20 blocks are quite large :D

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
Which brings me to a question.....havent done mining yet and i wouldnt mind learning something new. I have a pretty decent PC here at the house with a busted motherboard. Would cost me around 70 bucks to replace plus the cost of the GPU. Would it make sense to do this, or go to the cloud with Azure or something>?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.