The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cryonics -- buying extra time?

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
I think it's lesser known in Europe than in the States, but I was wondering what the opinions are about cryonics.

Personally, I find it interesting. What do you have to lose if you die? It's relatively cheap IF one day scientists will be able to transplant your brain or whatever. Buying extra time, isn't that what we all want?

I think if you can organise this (and in Europe, there are not such installations yet), it's fastlane: start with crowdfunding, sell life insurances, make cheaper formulas, ...

Who's in?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
594%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I think it's lesser known in Europe than in the States, but I was wondering what the opinions are about cryonics.

Personally, I find it interesting. What do you have to lose if you die? It's relatively cheap IF one day scientists will be able to transplant your brain or whatever. Buying extra time, isn't that what we all want?

I think if you can organise this (and in Europe, there are not such installations yet), it's fastlane: start with crowdfunding, sell life insurances, make cheaper formulas, ...

Who's in?

This is available in Europe through a company called Eucrio. It's available in the United States through a very small handful of companies. I'm a Cryonicist through Cryonics Institute, and fund my contract through life insurance. United States contracts are available for European members also.

More Cryonics organizations are launching in the U.S. with a new one opened in the last year or so in Oregon.

The only way it can be Fastlane is if you can get people to realize they might have a choice when it comes to life and death. The problem is, this is even harder than opening slowlaners to the fastlane. The mentality is that "Death has never been overcome before and therefore it cannot be overcome in the future." This is clearly flawed logic (though the whole world doesn't think so) in that it assumes an absolute about the future which can't possibly be known.

If you really want to go Fastlane, you may want to consider fields dealing with reverse aging (which is about to become a massive industry in the next year or so ((in my opinion)), and/or biotech. Cryonics is a last ditch effort that relies on the chance scientists may one day be able to revive our bodies, or conscious minds.

Nobody will care about Cryonics until science or technology proves it's possible to live longer, in younger, healthier bodies, or until someone is brought back from death. The first time someone is revived...

Then everything changes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Michał Kóska

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 10, 2015
They tried to revive many years ago, see below. They even did it to one human being but stopped when he started to move his eyes.

7.62x51

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 27, 2015
We need to figure out how our minds work before we can solve the death problem.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.