The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cruise ship crew member looking for a possible business idea

Idea threads

Robert_Sz

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 8, 2023
Hi,

I'm Robbie from Romania and I've been working on cruise ships in retail for a year now. I started to read The Millionaire Fastlane a month ago, since I don't have much free time on the ship I haven't finished yet. I need a couple of days and I'll finish it. I'm 24 years old and I've been interested in self-improvement for a couple of years now. I've always been interested in starting a business and reading TMF also helps a lot. Since I'm very young and don't have a lot of experience I'm not quite sure yet how could I benefit from the fact that I work on a cruise ship and I get to wake up in a different country every day. I believe it's a huge advantage and I've been trying to come up with a few ideas that are worth executing. What business would be worth considering? How could I provide value for people? I'm looking forward to seeing your advice, recommendations, and feedback.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi,

I'm Robbie from Romania and I've been working on cruise ships in retail for a year now. I started to read The Millionaire Fastlane a month ago, since I don't have much free time on the ship I haven't finished yet. I need a couple of days and I'll finish it. I'm 24 years old and I've been interested in self-improvement for a couple of years now. I've always been interested in starting a business and reading TMF also helps a lot. Since I'm very young and don't have a lot of experience I'm not quite sure yet how could I benefit from the fact that I work on a cruise ship and I get to wake up in a different country every day. I believe it's a huge advantage and I've been trying to come up with a few ideas that are worth executing. What business would be worth considering? How could I provide value for people? I'm looking forward to seeing your advice, recommendations, and feedback.
Start a youtube channel about tips on cruises? tips on getting the best tours, or cheapest tours? Anything about cruises that the normal person would find helpful or interesting.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Photo and video content production for small brands.

wyattnorton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jan 15, 2019
Northern IL & Southeastern WI
Quick Cash Opportunities:
- Offer to take photos for people on the Cruise at each stop. ($10-$25+)
- Buy and sell items that are less expensive in one place and resell in another or online.

Opportunity:
- If this is a luxury cruise, you have plenty of opportunities to ask people what they do, how they do it, and learn from them. (I suggest reading/studying Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss to improve at this)
- Find businesses within vicinity of the port and offer to market their business on the cruises for a fee ($100-$500), you could find a restaurant and market them as quality, tasty, blah blah to the cruise passengers.
- Travel vlog. People love to escape from where they are by binge-watching YouTube videos (just be personable enough, does NOT need to be perfect, use an iPhone and get started.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Robert_Sz

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 8, 2023
First of all, I'd like to apologize for the late response.

Thank you for your recommendations, I really appreciate it. I'm actually thinking about a YouTube channel, I'm just a little bit afraid, I'd be such a big step out of my comfort zone, however, I'm sure it would teach me a lot since I have 0 experience in this field. I'm also thinking of starting a personal website where I'd have my blog once a week regarding different ports/countries and even ship life. What are your thoughts on this?

I really appreciate all your help so thank you so much! :)

Wombat

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Dec 11, 2022
Vic, AU
First of all, I'd like to apologize for the late response.

Thank you for your recommendations, I really appreciate it. I'm actually thinking about a YouTube channel, I'm just a little bit afraid, I'd be such a big step out of my comfort zone, however, I'm sure it would teach me a lot since I have 0 experience in this field. I'm also thinking of starting a personal website where I'd have my blog once a week regarding different ports/countries and even ship life. What are your thoughts on this?

I really appreciate all your help so thank you so much! :)
I might be an outlier in this - before I reduced my consumption of media, I loved YouTubes that showed behind-the-scenes, those places the public never gets to access. I've enjoyed YT channels about life living on cargo ships, life as a cruise ship gymnast, a soundman, how the ship kitchens provide all that food and the crazy organisation to get the supplies etc, crew cabins, what to expect if you want to work as cabin crew (incl dating) etc. YTs about visiting locations both from the crew and as a tourist perspective were also fun.

Some other people seem to be making a success of this area, so why not?
Good luck!

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.