The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Critical Thought Is How You Make Your Own Luck

Anything related to matters of the mind

Richard Greene

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Feb 25, 2018
Ohio
So just a few days ago I posted an introduction and at the end was whining about not having any sales for the past 3 weeks. Well I have spent these past few weeks working on my marketing, sales and designing my ads and studying the human psychology behind the buying process.

It seemed no matter what I tried nothing was working (I'm extremely impatient I know, old habits die hard they say). I have taken to the internet with some of my products and over the past few days I have had over $100 in orders roll in. I was packing up one of the products that sold and low and behold I screwed up. I have implemented a new system for my inventory and I switched up the dimensions and weight of the product with a different product.

Not only did I misrepresent the product in it's description, the shipping weight and dimensions were off and it greatly increased my shipping cost to the point it crushed my profit. Ouch.
I immediately went into OH NO I failed mode. Got that feeling in my chest that says Richard you are one big idiot. Well then I said nope not going to do this this time.

I asked myself how did this happen? Well I thought at first because I made a mistake. No that isn't an answer. Why did you make this mistake? I don't know! An idea popped in my head, pull out your measuring tape and start taking dimensions. As I was doing that I realized I just started using a new inventory system and I may have mixed up product info when typing it in.
Check my inventory and it didn't take me long to figure out yes that is exactly what happened (Gotta know your products!)

I was about to send the customer an apologetic email and then I thought wait can I fix this? The issue is the product was too long. Okay cut it? Yeah, I lose a few bucks of material but that is the cost of lack of my attention. Then I thought hang on, less material but the same price?
I crunched some numbers and voila! just realized my highest profit, most in demand product that before I was only selling locally just netted me a net increase of 50% in profit margin on the internet.

This is not just pure luck of the draw. I posted my product only 5 days ago. In that time it has drawn over 300 pairs of eye balls and over 20 inquiries. I am so excited it is hard to type my hands are shaking. I just made a discovery that could change my family's lives forever. Now what will I do with this newly discovered information? Just wait and see.

Every mistake or obstacle is a learning opportunity but only if you choose for it to be.
We are human the most advanced creatures on this planet. Use that magnificent organ between your ears. You have natural abilities that everybody is born with. This is coming from a guy that didn't even go to high school so don't tell me you can't do it. Don't want to hear it. It is easy to make excuses.

I will leave you with a question...Will you be the percentage of people that ignores your natural abilities or will you train your brain and see how far it will take you?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you can apply it to yourself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Thank you for sharing your story. Great experience!

I felt the same way just minutes ago....designing a survey for my college data analytics project lol...:inpain:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.