The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Credit Business

TrendSetter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jun 4, 2009
So I recently joined here, and am in the process of starting a credit repair business based out of nashville, TN. I am aiming to have a high online presence as well, and already have the domain names in place, but that will all come with due diligence and will start locally with minimal overhead and startup costs to begin with.

Things I am working on with the business this week are as follows.

• Research 800 numbers, find the cheapest route, and the actual Number.
  • Figure out which entity the business will be under, s-corp, LLC etc.
  • Research Business accounts with various banks...

The list is small, but I have two other partners who are working on other things. We already have the software in place that we will be using but starting a business from scratch is new to all of us. If anyone has any info on web marketing, any good ebooks on it or marketing to people in debt let me know, my experience in real estate immediately tells me to search for people being turned down by agents and loan officers who have bad credit, as well as people looking to finance cars who are unable to do so... Anyhow, any constructive critisism/advice/input is welcome! Thanks guys!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
Man, is this going to be in demand (probably already is)! Great idea!

I would hand out your cards to as many realtors and mortgage brokers as possible. They will be interacting, first hand, with your potential clients - immediately after they have been rejected for financing to buy. You might even want to offer them something, at least to get you started.

Keep us posted and good luck!

jokerGN

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Long Island, NY
It is a good business to be in right now. I started a credit repair based business about one year ago now and I am still working on growing it. The biggest and most expensive hurdles you are going to incur are legal. Also the out of the box software isn't usually compliant, so I went the extra mile and developed custom software. This is a very heavily regulated industry make sure you do your home work before you proceed most companies are shut down with in two months of opening for non-compliance issues.

-Mike

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
So I recently joined here, and am in the process of starting a credit repair business based out of nashville, TN. I am aiming to have a high online presence as well, and already have the domain names in place, but that will all come with due diligence and will start locally with minimal overhead and startup costs to begin with.

Things I am working on with the business this week are as follows.

• Research 800 numbers, find the cheapest route, and the actual Number.
  • Figure out which entity the business will be under, s-corp, LLC etc.
  • Research Business accounts with various banks...

The list is small, but I have two other partners who are working on other things. We already have the software in place that we will be using but starting a business from scratch is new to all of us. If anyone has any info on web marketing, any good ebooks on it or marketing to people in debt let me know, my experience in real estate immediately tells me to search for people being turned down by agents and loan officers who have bad credit, as well as people looking to finance cars who are unable to do so... Anyhow, any constructive critisism/advice/input is welcome! Thanks guys!

License: Don't forget it. Costly mistake. I guess you have thought about that already?

TrendSetter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jun 4, 2009
It is a good business to be in right now. I started a credit repair based business about one year ago now and I am still working on growing it. The biggest and most expensive hurdles you are going to incur are legal. Also the out of the box software isn't usually compliant, so I went the extra mile and developed custom software. This is a very heavily regulated industry make sure you do your home work before you proceed most companies are shut down with in two months of opening for non-compliance issues.

-Mike

Mike, what are these business not in compliance with? Are you talking about the FCRA?

jokerGN

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Long Island, NY
FCRA is more for consumers and people reporting to the bureaus. Check out the CROA as well as all local and state laws where you are operating.

chuff1026

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 16, 2009
mike
wassup
do you run a credit repair business now?
i run a business credit blog
pretty much the only successful business credit blog online
well at least the most successful
i am looking for a reliable credit repair company to do business with
do you have a website?

TrendSetter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jun 4, 2009
FCRA is more for consumers and people reporting to the bureaus. Check out the CROA as well as all local and state laws where you are operating.

Mike, thanks for the info, its greatly appreciated. Did you get into credit repair straight out of the auto business? I am always interested in knowing how people wind up whatever business they are pursuing. What business entity are you under?
-Jami

jokerGN

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 1, 2008
Long Island, NY
Jami,

I started this business after getting out of the automotive industry. I have a background in finance also. The company is set up as a S corp. What software did you and your partners decide on going with?

TrendSetter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jun 4, 2009
We are looking at aquiring credit money machine which is made my the guy that did the mortgage calculator software, loan modification software etc. They have been in business for a while and have a good product that is compliant with mostly everything governing this business..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.