The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating ChatGPT powered apps?

Idea threads

Sterling729

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Oct 28, 2023
I can code, but was looking to see if anyone on here has any suggestions on what platforms to run. Simple javascript on npm would suffice? I heard people using python. Maybe even if a no code solution exists to test product in market.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Maybe even if a no code solution exists to test product in market.

Bubble was pretty easy to set up an APP with an API wrapper, I did so in just a few hours.

Pecunia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 13, 2023
If you can already code with NodeJS why not? Plenty of examples on Github.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Bubble was pretty easy to set up an APP with an API wrapper, I did so in just a few hours.
Hey @MJ DeMarco can you share a few more details about how complex the app you set up was, or otherwise simply what the app was? Feel free to DM if you’re not comfortable putting it out in public.

I’m curious because I’ve also created an App, except that in PHP, and I’m curious how flexible Bubble is for relatively complex use-cases!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bence Ur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 24, 2023
I'm taking an online course which teaches exactly that, how to build AI wrappers with the no-code tool Bubble.io. My plan is to complete the course then build some ChatGPT-powered apps in Bubble to test the waters.

But you can also create custom GPTs inside ChatGPT itself, I haven't tried that option yet, but I guess Bubble is more flexible. However if your app is simple, then first look at this "custom GPT" option.

There are a lot of no-code tools but Bubble has the most users, integrations and tutorials, that's why I've chosen Bubble as my no-code tool.

(Regarding "control" from the CENTS framework, yes building your app on top of a proprietary platform like Bubble might violate the commandment of control, however when your app is brand new, you have zero users so control is not an issue. When you get traction and you are worried about this, you can still rewrite the whole thing in full code, but as MVPs you need a working version as fast and as cheaply as possible.)

Last edited:

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jan 2, 2023
Speed is very important in Saas market.

Therefore, using something like Bubble in the beginning phase might not be a bad idea.

You are going to be limited on some things and it can become pricy, especially on bigger scales.

But if it proves to be a demanded product and you make some money, you can move everything to a normal codebase.

If it doesn't, you will have wasted 1/3 of the time.

But make your due diligence on what you can and what you can't with Bubble before committing to it.

I am no expert in Bubble, I just know it but I am a programmer (Front End developer) and I programmed a simple app that uses OpenAI model in about a week.

If you want to go with the coding route go with nextjs, use a components library and you are just left to master Javascript (React) and AI.

If you already know JavaScript you don't have to learn python. Since your role will be mostly of integrating AI models into something visual and not machine learning engineering.

There's a course that teaches just that, that I am currently attending.

It's Scrimba's The AI Engineer Path (I am no affiliate)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.