The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Created my first demo website for a potential client, doubts arise about the process

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Fran_C

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 8, 2022
Chile
As the title mentions above, I recently got done creating a pretty simple website for a client who intends to launch a product, more specifically beer, I have no control nor input about the process itself but I created a website to expedite the process for them of having the product meet more eyes and be exposed to the world.

Upon finishing the website some doubts arised as far as the method I used to create it, I know some CSS and HTML and a tiny bit of JavaScript, I'm familiar with the creation of very very basic websites through raw coding using VEs such as VSCode but for this specific website I just used one of the many services availables that are much more user friendly and easier to manage such as SquareSpace, Wix, WordPress etc...

The doubts that arised and concerns that I had, have to do mainly with the commandment of Control, I was wondering if the use of a third party service to create my customer's websites is a bad idea since I'm basically paying them a fee to manage my website and handing out some portion of the control of my product, regardless of the fact that I still have creative control over it. Am I better off just creating a website from scratch but with it all solely being managed by myself?

If it's prudent of me to ask I'd like to know what you think about it and what methods do you roll with in such circumstances, do you create your own, use third party softwares, etc... Thank you so much for reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fran_C

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 8, 2022
Chile
As the title mentions above, I recently got done creating a pretty simple website for a client who intends to launch a product, more specifically beer, I have no control nor input about the process itself but I created a website to expedite the process for them of having the product meet more eyes and be exposed to the world.

Upon finishing the website some doubts arised as far as the method I used to create it, I know some CSS and HTML and a tiny bit of JavaScript, I'm familiar with the creation of very very basic websites through raw coding using VEs such as VSCode but for this specific website I just used one of the many services availables that are much more user friendly and easier to manage such as SquareSpace, Wix, WordPress etc...

The doubts that arised and concerns that I had, have to do mainly with the commandment of Control, I was wondering if the use of a third party service to create my customer's websites is a bad idea since I'm basically paying them a fee to manage my website and handing out some portion of the control of my product, regardless of the fact that I still have creative control over it. Am I better off just creating a website from scratch but with it all solely being managed by myself?

If it's prudent of me to ask I'd like to know what you think about it and what methods do you roll with in such circumstances, do you create your own, use third party softwares, etc... Thank you so much for reading.
I've pulled the trigger on the idea and just went for the third party as of now, I am certainly happy about how the final product looks like, it still has information to be filled by the client but the graphics and everything else are looking good.

I am starting to focus more on tangible aspects pertaining to the business side of things instead of cool graphics and HD photos, since the client would probably rather have client conversions over high definition pictures in their site.

I am super new to all of the SEO and Adverts side of things so I'm on step 0 as of right now. It feels good to have something to present though, planning on showing the site to them in a couple of hours.

Here's a few demos about the page itself:

View: https://imgur.com/a/tdCHPLR

Fran_C

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 8, 2022
Chile
Also forgot to meti
I've pulled the trigger on the idea and just went for the third party as of now, I am certainly happy about how the final product looks like, it still has information to be filled by the client but the graphics and everything else are looking good.

I am starting to focus more on tangible aspects pertaining to the business side of things instead of cool graphics and HD photos, since the client would probably rather have client conversions over high definition pictures in their site.

I am super new to all of the SEO and Adverts side of things so I'm on step 0 as of right now. It feels good to have something to present though, planning on showing the site to them in a couple of hours.

Here's a few demos about the page itself:

View: https://imgur.com/a/tdCHPLR
I'm also going to be learning the process from a senior unscriptee in the forums who created this thread:

I probably should've started there to be honest haha, but let's get into it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.