I asked ICK when he knew he had a great idea, his response...
" Making money is simple, people just complicate it in their heads"
Could this statement really be true? Could it be possible that we have enough knowledge right where we stand in this very moment to get out there and make it happen yet we look for complexity because we can't believe that it can be so simple? I think so.
His thought resinated in my mind and I began thinking how many times I had a great idea in my mind, and let my own self talk my way out of it. It wasn't a matter of not having the recourses, it was a matter of me being afraid to fail and not having the disciple to put my plan to action. Everybody gets great ideas,but I'm beginning to think that its not the idea that makes a person rich. It is the action behind the idea, it is the implementation of the idea. Ray Kroc did not invent the hamburger or fast food, he just implemented a better system. The same can be said for Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Nike, ext...
The idea itself should not be the main point of concentration. The execution needs to be flawless. Having the guts to back your idea through the tough times that will present themselves. I am not writing this to talk out of my behind. I hope this can motivate 1 or 2 people as it has motivated me to take action today, after writing this I am going to concentrate on writing a business plan and short terms goals for what I hope to accomplish and write 3 action items of how I can take action RIGHT NOW.
I don't have the need to want to be right anymore, or to be a pioneer of a new idea, hell maybe I will take somebody's idea and execute on it better. Now I need to focus on getting creative to raise the capital I need.
Cheers!
" Making money is simple, people just complicate it in their heads"
Could this statement really be true? Could it be possible that we have enough knowledge right where we stand in this very moment to get out there and make it happen yet we look for complexity because we can't believe that it can be so simple? I think so.
His thought resinated in my mind and I began thinking how many times I had a great idea in my mind, and let my own self talk my way out of it. It wasn't a matter of not having the recourses, it was a matter of me being afraid to fail and not having the disciple to put my plan to action. Everybody gets great ideas,but I'm beginning to think that its not the idea that makes a person rich. It is the action behind the idea, it is the implementation of the idea. Ray Kroc did not invent the hamburger or fast food, he just implemented a better system. The same can be said for Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Nike, ext...
The idea itself should not be the main point of concentration. The execution needs to be flawless. Having the guts to back your idea through the tough times that will present themselves. I am not writing this to talk out of my behind. I hope this can motivate 1 or 2 people as it has motivated me to take action today, after writing this I am going to concentrate on writing a business plan and short terms goals for what I hope to accomplish and write 3 action items of how I can take action RIGHT NOW.
I don't have the need to want to be right anymore, or to be a pioneer of a new idea, hell maybe I will take somebody's idea and execute on it better. Now I need to focus on getting creative to raise the capital I need.
Cheers!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
