- Joined
- Nov 16, 2012
- Messages
- 152
Rep Bank
$590
$590
User Power: 112%
Initially I was really excited about 3D printers (and I still am...mostly). Think of all the widgets I could make!
But is it possible for this scenario to come true: Lets say I create a plastic widget that I take to market (ie: I get a patent and start selling it at trade shows). My widget is all plastic—a simple, innovative design.
What happens when 3D printers become the norm and anyone can simply print out whatever plastic creation their heart desires? Can Jo-Shmo now simply copy my design and print one out for himself? Will enough Jo-Shmos put me out of business?
But is it possible for this scenario to come true: Lets say I create a plastic widget that I take to market (ie: I get a patent and start selling it at trade shows). My widget is all plastic—a simple, innovative design.
What happens when 3D printers become the norm and anyone can simply print out whatever plastic creation their heart desires? Can Jo-Shmo now simply copy my design and print one out for himself? Will enough Jo-Shmos put me out of business?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
