The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Corporate Gifts

Paul Burrows

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 12, 2019
Ok, so I'm looking at many ways I can get my business name out into the world and one of the ways I have considered is corporate gifts. I'm thinking pens, memory sticks etc.
What I would like to know is have any of you here had any notable success or failure using corporate gifts?

Any advice would be greatly received.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Last year, I went through a course called Giftology by John Ruhlin. That contains the best information I have ever encountered at the effective use of corporate gifts.

You could also look up his book on the same topic.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
I'm thinking pens, memory sticks etc.
I have never sent stuff like this to businesses however I receive a lot of it. This cheap stuff gets no more attention from me than a spam email.
If you sent me something unique to your business then maybe I would pay more attention. For instance if you were a lawyer maybe a small gavel.

Paul Burrows

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 12, 2019
I have never sent stuff like this to businesses however I receive a lot of it. This cheap stuff gets no more attention from me than a spam email.
If you sent me something unique to your business then maybe I would pay more attention. For instance if you were a lawyer maybe a small gavel.
I make Wills & Trusts. I'm thinking about teddy bears, I deal with a lot of new/expecting parents. I can get real nice quality ones for about £4 they have a little branded t-shirt on. Sound good?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
I make Wills & Trusts. I'm thinking about teddy bears, I deal with a lot of new/expecting parents. I can get real nice quality ones for about £4 they have a little branded t-shirt on. Sound good?
Yeah Teddy Bear would be better. If you are targeting new/expecting parents, what are you really selling with a Will and Trust? I would probably say protection? I would maybe do something related to protection so in your messaging you can tie the importance of protecting your family with the service you offer. Bear with a hard hat on?

I guess the next question is how are you distributing these? I was thinking about it from a mass mailing point of view but maybe you're doing something else and I think that could effect what your plan is. For instance to target new parents if you bought a list of all the people who just had a baby in your target town and you sent them all a lock and said you help protect their most valuable asset then that might be effective for you

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States

I really like the pens I get in the mail with my name on it.

I couldn't tell you who sent them to me though!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.