The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

CORONA VIRUS: I Thought As a German I Would Survive. Now Im Sure We Are All Going To Die!

A post of a ranting nature...

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
I thought Germany is a rich and wealthy country with the best medical healthcare you can imagine. If something happens in the world you can trust that we are all save and that we are going to find the best solution on the highest standards possible.

2020. Corona Virus. And this is the solution we Germans have.

Now I'm sure we are all going to die!

Every public bus transportation is closed on the front door like this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Benedict

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2019
Hey mate, my girlfriend was at the MUC airport today. She went extra early but there was nothing different then usual. Except some information through the speakers about precaution advice.

I think, so far, in Germany everything goes still the normal way. But I can't tell for sure - I live in a city with 150000 inhabitants.

gebu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 1, 2017
Germany
I thought Germany is a rich and wealthy country with the best medical healthcare you can imagine. If something happens in the world you can trust that we are all save and that we are going to find the best solution on the highest standards possible.

View attachment 31007
Der Virus darf die Absperrung nicht passieren, sonst gibt's eine Anzeige!

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
Der Virus darf die Absperrung nicht passieren, sonst gibt's eine Anzeige!

Yeah, it's a German Virus so I'm pretty sure it will not cross the line...

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
Germany before Corona Virus. We call ourselves proudly: The country of poetics and thinkers.

Germany during the Corona Virus. A few days before the Shutdown and we are ready to kill each for toilet paper.

To explain the video: We in Germany are in a shitty situation. The whole country is suffering of an undersupply of toilet paper. No joke. That is why in some places you can just buy one package of toilet paper. The woman in the brown jacket wants to buy more and is of course angry. The guy in the background on the right side is her husband who calls her Honey often times during the discussion. But they act like they dont each other to get more than one package.

1000 years later the children will learn from their history books at school that there was a nation who calls themselves the Germans and they destroyed their glory civilisation because of an undersupply of toilet paper. What a great ending.
View attachment VID-20200314-WA0009.mp4

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Last edited:

gebu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 1, 2017
Germany
Germany before Corona Virus. We call ourselves proudly: The country of poetics and thinkers.

Germany during the Corona Virus. A few days before the Shutdown and we are ready to kill each for toilet paper.

To explain the video: We in Germany are in a shitty situation. The whole country is suffering of an undersupply of toilet paper. No joke. That is why in some places you can just buy one package of toilet paper. The woman in the brown jacket wants to buy more and is of course angry. The guy in the background on the right side is her husband who calls her Honey often times during the discussion. But they act like they dont each other to get more than one package.

1000 years later the children will learn from their history books at school that there was a nation who calls themselves the Germans and they destroyed their glory civilisation because of an undersupply of toilet paper. What a great ending.
View attachment 31085
I just came back from Australia last week, they had the exact same TP fights going on there as well...

PeterKN

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jan 1, 2019
I think we are prepared very well in Germany. Even though there are some people freaking out. The grocery stores still have everything you need and the Health System is working without any big problems. Sure this might change but look in other countries it is way worse.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
The Scarcity Mindset. There's not enough resources for everyone on the earth. Fortunately, we have more resources on this earth then previous generations. It's just a choice for humanity to work together at this point. The more people work together the less people will pass away. It's a deliberate choice to have compassion for others no matter who they are.

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 27, 2016
lol, you drive a Mercedes bus, only 2 years old and complain about that?

What did you expect? The guy himself did his best to make sure nobody comes to the front.

Stop being an entitled first world kid. You could have been riding this:

I have seen many of these in action in India with my own eyes.

P.s. I have been living in Germany for the last 10 years.

gebu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 1, 2017
Germany
lol, you drive a Mercedes bus, only 2 years old and complain about that?

What did you expect? The guy himself did his best to make sure nobody comes to the front.

Stop being an entitled first world kid. You could have been riding this:

I have seen many of these in action in India with my own eyes.

P.s. I have been living in Germany for the last 10 years.
You must be fun at parties.... if we still had them

EnricoF

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Aug 29, 2017
Milano, Italy
Listen, we in Italy have one of the best healthcare in the world and we are in the situation you know.

I don't want to compare Italy with Germany, this is not the point, but we're not talking about ebola hitting some poor african country where people drink water from pits in the middle of the street.

Your local politician, in Germany, in France, in Spain and in uk have had a big time laughing of us italians dying because: "dirty italians", "Lazy italians" and shit like that.
Stupid stereotypes that we all have toward our neighbours, but stereotypes influence our logical thinking and so, instead of learning the lesson from our actual tragedy and making the right preventive moves, they just let the time pass without any action.

Macron said today, after locking down his country, that this crisis will change the mind of people all over the world. I think he was referring to the old mental model that what happens to your neighbours will not affect you.
This is wrong, we are all the same people, the world is ONE even if you don't like it. No brexit, no Italexit or Germanexit or shutting down of ONU will change this. Unles we stop going around in airplanes, cars or trucks, and we stop travelling for leisure and work or making international business (and I don't think it will ever happen!) we have to understand that the world IS a single place.

And I'm not putting italy on a pedestal. Let's be honest, we in Italy did the same thing as you when Covid arrived in China. We were laughing about those far away people eating weird "bat" stuff and getting sick.
We're not better than any other european country. We just got our cold shower a couple of weeks before the others. There's no merit in this and this critique regards italians too.

I'm in Milan and we have top hospitals and resources, and "free healthcare" which means that everyone in the country is healthy has much as he could be, but unless your country have 100k or more beds with pulmonary equipment, you're gonna have huge problems like we're having.
This kind of beds are always available in hundreds or maybe thousands of units because until now it has never been necessary to have more than that, and they will not be enough to cure everyone.
So a lot of people are dying, even if they are in hospitals, because hospitals are full as F*ck, equipment is not enough for everyone and the system is collapsing.

This is more insidious than a simple health problem, which can probably be faced in any western rich country. It's a "healthcare economic" problem, a crisis management problem.
We thought to be in a better world than the one that centuries ago has been struck by plague, but we're not. Not yet. Our science is far more progressed but health process is still slow, a covid patient stays weeks in the hospital, we need months to find a cure, years for a vaccine, and this surely brings to an overloaded system. (*)

No western rich country is excluded, Germany, Turkey or Greece doesn't matter, we're all facing the same problem. Some more, some less maybe, but we're all on the same boat.

And in the end always remember that we're the lucky ones because poor countries have so few pulmonary units that getting a serious covid infection means an almost certain death. And we have home deliveries of groceries, a fast internet connection, water and sanitaries in every home. We are not going to live the worst possible scenario, they will live it, and believe me this is not less horrible.

(*) how many of you entrepreneurs have their creative minds actually looking for clever solutions for this huge problem? My mind is at work since the beginning and cannot stop, this is like a crazy trip!
I think that a Think thank should be created to collect everyone ideas. Who knows who could come out with the right solution to this and other problems and save a lot of asses?!

View attachment 31007

Tossek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 5, 2019
Germany
"dirty italians", "Lazy italians" and shit like that.
With all observation of media and listening around, talking with family members, coworkers and friends, I have not witnessed any word or phrase that comes remotely close to what you have written.

Most people are concerned to hit the same state of the health system and believe that it is very likely. We all felt sorry and pity and wish you and any other country the best. Gosh, I visited Italy last year and had no stereotyping. If there was any done by an unpleasant fellow, I am truly sorry.

Please just do not stereotype the stereotyping.

Wish you the best.

rblitz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 11, 2013
Germany
With all observation of media and listening around, talking with family members, coworkers and friends, I have not witnessed any word or phrase that comes remotely close to what you have written.

Most people are concerned to hit the same state of the health system and believe that it is very likely. We all felt sorry and pity and wish you and any other country the best. Gosh, I visited Italy last year and had no stereotyping. If there was any done by an unpleasant fellow, I am truly sorry.

Wish you the best.

Just want to second that. I’m German, living in Germany and (fortunately) haven’t heard of any mockery against Italy the whole crisis. Not in the news and not in everyday live.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
Listen, we in Italy have one of the best healthcare in the world and we are in the situation you know.

I don't want to compare Italy with Germany, this is not the point, but we're not talking about ebola hitting some poor african country where people drink water from pits in the middle of the street.

Your local politician, in Germany, in France, in Spain and in uk have had a big time laughing of us italians dying because: "dirty italians", "Lazy italians" and shit like that.
Stupid stereotypes that we all have toward our neighbours, but stereotypes influence our logical thinking and so, instead of learning the lesson from our actual tragedy and making the right preventive moves, they just let the time pass without any action.

Macron said today, after locking down his country, that this crisis will change the mind of people all over the world. I think he was referring to the old mental model that what happens to your neighbours will not affect you.
This is wrong, we are all the same people, the world is ONE even if you don't like it. No brexit, no Italexit or Germanexit or shutting down of ONU will change this. Unles we stop going around in airplanes, cars or trucks, and we stop travelling for leisure and work or making international business (and I don't think it will ever happen!) we have to understand that the world IS a single place.

And I'm not putting italy on a pedestal. Let's be honest, we in Italy did the same thing as you when Covid arrived in China. We were laughing about those far away people eating weird "bat" stuff and getting sick.
We're not better than any other european country. We just got our cold shower a couple of weeks before the others. There's no merit in this and this critique regards italians too.

I'm in Milan and we have top hospitals and resources, and "free healthcare" which means that everyone in the country is healthy has much as he could be, but unless your country have 100k or more beds with pulmonary equipment, you're gonna have huge problems like we're having.
This kind of beds are always available in hundreds or maybe thousands of units because until now it has never been necessary to have more than that, and they will not be enough to cure everyone.
So a lot of people are dying, even if they are in hospitals, because hospitals are full as F*ck, equipment is not enough for everyone and the system is collapsing.

This is more insidious than a simple health problem, which can probably be faced in any western rich country. It's a "healthcare economic" problem, a crisis management problem.
We thought to be in a better world than the one that centuries ago has been struck by plague, but we're not. Not yet. Our science is far more progressed but health process is still slow, a covid patient stays weeks in the hospital, we need months to find a cure, years for a vaccine, and this surely brings to an overloaded system. (*)

No western rich country is excluded, Germany, Turkey or Greece doesn't matter, we're all facing the same problem. Some more, some less maybe, but we're all on the same boat.

And in the end always remember that we're the lucky ones because poor countries have so few pulmonary units that getting a serious covid infection means an almost certain death. And we have home deliveries of groceries, a fast internet connection, water and sanitaries in every home. We are not going to live the worst possible scenario, they will live it, and believe me this is not less horrible.

(*) how many of you entrepreneurs have their creative minds actually looking for clever solutions for this huge problem? My mind is at work since the beginning and cannot stop, this is like a crazy trip!
I think that a Think thank should be created to collect everyone ideas. Who knows who could come out with the right solution to this and other problems and save a lot of asses?!

Nobody has ever said something wrong about Italians. This is a thread about self-ironical German behaviour.

Different people handle hard times in different ways. The one is worrying. The other closes his eyes and the other one laughs about it.

EnricoF

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Aug 29, 2017
Milano, Italy

Wish you the best.

Hi Tossek, I thank you so much for your reply which is the one of a clever and positive person.
I appreciate your effort to look at this topic under light of reason and I want to make it mine.

I want you to know that what I'm going to write this post only to explain my words.

Of course I know that a lot of people love italy, surely as much as I, a traveller by heart, love Paris, Madrid, London, Berlin or any other beautiful city or country on this planet.

Unfortunately, during the last difficult week there were at least three public episodes in Europe that we in Italy considered an insult:

First, the coronavirus pizza from France:

Second, the "joke" from the british presenter Chris Jennsen about we using the covid to take longer siestas (a spanish word, by the way)
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/03/...irus-C0VlD-19-long-siesta-racism-fubar-radio/

Third, the affirmation from a dutch politician that italian got the covid because we're don't have high cleaning standards (read, "italians are dirty"):

Also, I've talked with some spanish friends over the phone last week who told me that spanish Tvs were telling that Italy got the covid because we messed up everything, an error that Spain was not going to do (today things look very different, and I'm deeply sorry for my spanish friends).

You could certainly understand that these are a lot of public demonstration of contempt.
Putting them together made us italians (I can speak at least for me, my family and my closest friends) think that probably a lot of people in those countries were making the same jokes, at last until some days ago when the situation looked so different.

You say I'm wrong and I believe you. In any case I'm deeply sorry that a lot of countries didn't take the correct measures to prevent some of our mistakes and they put a lot of innocent people at risk.

One example, in the next few hours after Milan's major locked down the city, one week ago, a lot of dumb people run to the station and leaved Milan to reach other regions. This meant a lot of damage to other regions, and of course a lot of deaths that we're going to see in the next days when the viral incubation will be over.
Now, of course If I were the major of any city, I'll take into consideration this event and prevent it in any way possible, but it's not what happened...
Yesterday, Paris has been locked down in the same way as Milan and, very easy to forecast, a lot of parissiens run to the station and leaved the city with trains, spreading the virus all over france. :(
Now tell me, how many lives could have been saved if only Paris took our example seriously?

Hope you understand my situation, I'm writing this after 9 days "jailed" at home.
I want all this to finish asap and looking at the world outside, my country and the world at large, getting worse, not yet better, makes me preoccupied.
But I love to consider myself a positive person, so I'm stopping with this sterile lamentation and salute you and once again thank you for your beatutiful words :)

Wish you too all the best!
Enrico

MoneyPhantom

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
Germany
The whole country is suffering of an undersupply of toilet paper. No joke.

It's rather that the existing stock is instantly raided by people only thinking about themselves and buying 10 packs instead of 1 pack additionally to the 2 they still have at home (and I still don't know what it is about that toilet paper :wideyed:). As the situation changed quite fast, it takes some time for the supermarkets to get new stock from the warehouse into the actual stores. There are also delays due to trucks being stuck within the new border controls.

Though, no first hand experience – I'm currently stuck outside of Germany but still within the EU. Land borders are closed down, flights have gone rare and I'm pretty sure they will all be canceled so I didn't/won't bother booking any.

Currently, the situation is quite calm over here. People are actually staying at home mostly. I'll keep the feet on the ground and wait it out. Fingers crossed :finger:

And I can't stop hearing the "May god be with you all" and the commencing purge siren in my head...

Joker_P5R

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Feb 4, 2020
The funny things is that, as italians, not later than one weeks ago, we were attacked by everyone all over the Europe when n-Cov was spreaded in our biggest north cities. Closed borders, limitations to italians and all of those who were in Italy, for any reason (work holidays and so on).

Dozens of countries that refuse italians and worldwide media that highlights that coVid spreading in their country was due to someone that was come back from Italy.

No lather than 4 days ago we were called as "dirty" by countries that claim themselves "ready to face the virus because we are more prepared than Italian. Lockdown is only an excuse to do nothing." That's a news I read 4 days ago.

Tuesday there was a governative order to lock down the whole France, including forwarders and transports...
Coffee shops were rushed because of imminent lockdown in Netherlands...
not to mention huge problems that Spain is facing due to the virus...
BJ said that lockdown is not necessary... then change his idea the day after and starts to limit citizen movements...

Deny a problem or hide real numbers won't solve this global crisis: there's no one more special than another. We MUST help one another to win together.

Italy has a lot of problem, and we definitely have to learn from Germany, France, Uk and other countries for in so many procedures, behaviours and so on. And I said that after travelling on 4 of 6 continents on this world, loving Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Marseille, Nice, London, Edimburgh, Munchen, Berlin, Porto, Lisbon, tokyo, New York, Miami, Kyoto and so on...

But, we cannot forget that Italy is recognized as one of the best worldwide healthcare system. If we alert the world exposing real numbers, you must listen to us! :)

It's for the good of all!! :)

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

View attachment 31007

It is for the drivers so they have some sense of "wellness". Think of what they now to deal with every day on top of an already hard job.

Fair play to these people - people running buses, cash registers, pumping gas etc.

They don't get paid much and they are out there having to deal with lots of people every day.

Ya, this tape looks dumb but that is a guy taking a risk every day to make sure you still have a bus service.

I have been going out of my way to thank these people and make them feel as good as possible.

That isn't a sign of "Germany is failing" - it is a quick solution to move on to bigger problems. Your bus still runs and your driver has a reduced risk of getting sick. Easy and fast and the focus can be where it matters.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Oh boy – you guys really are in trouble.

A team of security researchers bought a German armed forces laptop for only 90 euros ($99) on eBay. As it turns out, the laptop came with some readily accessed classified military information, according to German magazine Der Spiegel.

The hard drive even contained data on how to defeat the “LeFlaSys Ozelot” mobile air defense system that was first deployed 19 years ago and is still in use today, as Deutsche Wellereports. The system can react to air threats on a dime and can protect troops while moving.

“Information on how to operate the target acquisition system, as well as the weapons platform itself, can be found on there, and, of course, instructions on how to destroy the entire system to prevent its use by enemy forces,”security expert Tim Berghoff told DW.

It’s not even the first time these kind of documents have been spotted on cheap eBay laptops. Last July, a German forester bought a laptop that contained instruction manuals for a rocket launcher called “Mars,” according to Der Spiegel.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.