The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Copying a business

Idea threads

polaroid22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 26, 2021
Hi guys,

Just wondering if this is legal, I found this food product from another continent they are not active on my continent. And I like pretty much everything about their company. The website, the ads and the product. Is it legal to somewhat copy that product & website (the ads are similar like most thing, so I wont be bothered by the ads)?

Offcourse I will have prolly some different ingredients, as I can't make a perfect replica (nor that I need or want) and the pictures on my website will not be the same, but I do really dig their layout and colour schemes. Would it be illegal to copy/imitate that?

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Food is universal and not a problem, besides could be some cultural appropriation accusations. As for copying the website that is kinda lame. I'd make your own path and be more original on that.

polaroid22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 26, 2021
Food is universal and not a problem, besides could be some cultural appropriation accusations. As for copying the website that is kinda lame. I'd make your own path and be more original on that.
Thanks, I am just so in love with the website, I like the website over the product haha. Just looked into the tech details of the website, and I will only be able to make a shittier version of this....

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Thanks, I am just so in love with the website, I like the website over the product haha. Just looked into the tech details of the website, and I will only be able to make a shittier version of this....

How important is the actual website? Where do people buy this food product. Also I have no idea what I'm talking about so hopefully someone with real legal expertise can assist. I was thinking like some kinda burger or that type of food but guessing reading more a pre packed found on store shelf like Oreos?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Happyheart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 11, 2020
Hi guys,

Just wondering if this is legal, I found this food product from another continent they are not active on my continent. And I like pretty much everything about their company. The website, the ads and the product. Is it legal to somewhat copy that product & website (the ads are similar like most thing, so I wont be bothered by the ads)?

Offcourse I will have prolly some different ingredients, as I can't make a perfect replica (nor that I need or want) and the pictures on my website will not be the same, but I do really dig their layout and colour schemes. Would it be illegal to copy/imitate that?

Thanks!
The founder of red bull in Europe, got the recipe from a Thai drink and changed the recipe together with the Thai company and both took a fair share of the profits. They both became very rich!

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
In 1847 Fry had this whizzo idea on making a chocolate bar. Not sure if anyone copied the idea though.

Dan

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.