The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Control is a nice chapter!

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Amro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Oct 5, 2018
Schoorl
Hi,

I'm reading the control part now in the millionaire fastlane . I must say it sounds formilliar. I was a member of a MLM company 20 years ago and to be honoust it sounds formilliar. I was suggesting to generate leads back then through the internet but it wasn't allowed and I found it quite stupid back then. A typical example of not having control. Instead we had the 3 meter rule where we had to pitch everyone inside 3 meter from our physical being. Quite stupid if you think about it comparing it to the hugh internet where you can get exposed to many at the same time.

Nice one @MJ DeMarco

Regards,
Amro

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I was suggesting to generate leads back then through the internet but it wasn't allowed and I found it quite stupid back then.
I have a friend in the direct marketing/MLM field. I hear lots of tales on that.

There may be a legitimate reason for this.

A lot of MLM folks buy the stock and sell them like shopkeepers, bundling them up with other different company products. For the more 'ethical' MLMs, they would like to keep the brand and downline loyalty stronger, not different from corporations demanding employee loyalty. Selling leads on the Internet makes it easier for this shit to happen.

Also, these MLMs also might want its distributors to actually go out and get more sales offline, building an actual relationship (relationship selling). After all, that was their preliminary strategy that got them successful in the first place. I'm taking from hearing tales of established companies like Mary Kay, E-Excel and Tupperware.

Mind, 99% of the agents don't know how to use social media, for instance, as just one of the tools in the box, and are more likely to depend on it like a drug, at the cost of sales.

But yes, of course, the higher-ups decide how you work, whether or not their motives were sound or otherwise.

Instead we had the 3 meter rule where we had to pitch everyone inside 3 meter from our physical being. Quite stupid if you think about it comparing it to the hugh internet where you can get exposed to many at the same time.
There's always a time to sell personally to people, and a time for advertising.

For certain products, which people are more concerned about (e.g. cars, skincare, supplements), you need someone to cajole and educate them a bit.

I'm sure you did learn some things from your time at the MLM.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.