The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Contribute to a study: performance of online business startup- 5 min survey. Results will be shared!

JeanSebastien

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 28, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Good day everyone. Are you an entrepreneur that has started a business in the last five years that has the majority of its revenues earned from activities carried out over the internet?

If the answer is “yes”, you are invited to complete this research survey, which can be found by following this link:

SurveyMonkey Powered Online Survey

The aim of this survey is to study start-up of online new businesses and develop recommendations for assisting new online ventures. The survey will take about 5-10 minutes to complete and your participation is voluntary.

There are no right or wrong answers and your identity will remain completely anonymous. A total of 47 questions will be asked and the participants will have to choose the answers within multiple given options.

There is no risk identified in taking part of this study. No personal identifying data is gathered, anonymity will be preserved and no one participating in the study will be identifiable in any resulting publications.

By completing this survey you will be contributing to a University of Liverpool Online final research project, for a MBA degree.

Thank you very much in advance for your precious contribution.

Jean-Sébastien Beaulieu, University of Liverpool
jean-sebastien.beaulieu@online.liverpool.ac.uk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Normally we don't allow folks to post surveys here, however, in this case, I will let it stand.

Good luck!

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Good day everyone. Are you an entrepreneur that has started a business in the last five years that has the majority of its revenues earned from activities carried out over the internet?

If the answer is “yes”, you are invited to complete this research survey, which can be found by following this link:

SurveyMonkey Powered Online Survey

The aim of this survey is to study start-up of online new businesses and develop recommendations for assisting new online ventures. The survey will take about 5-10 minutes to complete and your participation is voluntary.

There are no right or wrong answers and your identity will remain completely anonymous. A total of 47 questions will be asked and the participants will have to choose the answers within multiple given options.

There is no risk identified in taking part of this study. No personal identifying data is gathered, anonymity will be preserved and no one participating in the study will be identifiable in any resulting publications.

By completing this survey you will be contributing to a University of Liverpool Online final research project, for a MBA degree.

Jean-Sébastien Beaulieu, University of Liverpool
jean-sebastien.beaulieu@online.liverpool.ac.uk

completed survey

hope your research goes smoothly. best of luck

JeanSebastien

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 28, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Good day FastLaners!! First of all, I want to thank every few of you who have taken the time to fill my survey, this is much appreciated.

At this point, I need advice - or brainstorming help – since I’m hitting a wall on my research.

I didn’t expect it would have been that hard to get enough participants (50) and I was wondering if anyone here have any suggestions or recommendations in how I could reach some online business entrepreneur to answer my 5 min survey?

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Done - cheers man!

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
Good day FastLaners!! First of all, I want to thank every few of you who have taken the time to fill my survey, this is much appreciated.

At this point, I need advice - or brainstorming help – since I’m hitting a wall on my research.

I didn’t expect it would have been that hard to get enough participants (50) and I was wondering if anyone here have any suggestions or recommendations in how I could reach some online business entrepreneur to answer my 5 min survey?

Make a list of online businesses, get their contact info, message each one of them individually and personally, and repeat until you get your 50 participants.

JeanSebastien

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 28, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Hello everyone. As promised, I’m sharing the results.

Based on the 46 online business entrepreneurs that answered the survey, this quantitative research studied the impact of the level of internet skills of the entrepreneur on the performance of their start-ups. The data has been analyzed and results showed a significant positive relationship between the Internet Skills and the growth of the start-up (β = 0.40, p < 0.01) but not with the other dimension of the start-up performance, the business volume. The results also demonstrated that the creative sub-dimension of the Internet skills happens to be the best predictor of the growth dimension of the performance (β = 0.40, p < 0.01), explaining 15% of its variance. Also, analysis demonstrated that the creative sub-dimension of the Internet skills is positively related to the overall performance of an online start-up (β = 0.31, p < 0.05). Moderation analysis demonstrated that the demographic variables had no impact on the relation between the Internet skills and the performance of the start-up.

Therefore, awareness can be made for the entrepreneur and management population of online businesses about the importance of Internet training in the context of an online start-up. Practical recommendations to business schools can also be formulated, for example, lessons regarding Internet skills can be developed and taught for students or entrepreneurs willing to start a new online venture or improve their actual online start-ups. Recommendation to online entrepreneurs that have low Internet Skills score can also be made to seek for help in their Internet related activities, or to find partners with a higher score to complement their weaknesses. Furthermore, start-ups having performance issues should start to seek for employees or partners with high Creative internet skills to avoid failure.

It is not easy to summarize a 100 pages dissertation and if you have any question, please contact me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.