The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Content For your sites

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Follow up to this http://www.thefastlanetomillions.co...mple-low-cost-wordpress-sites.html#post126284 so Kerry can stay on target. Stay on Target, stay on target.....oops, slipped into star wars mode.

This is a real quick primer on content.

Lets say your site is makingmoneyonline . com. Search engines are going to look to for a few things regarding content.

1. is your content relevant to what you are saying your site is about? are you writing about making money online, or are you writing about lady gaga?

2. is your content unique? Some say this is vital, some say it is not huge.

3. This one is hard to explain, and I only read it once awhile ago, so I may be crazy, but, is your sites content in line with other sites content ranking for the same thing. In other words, if all the make money online sites are talking about affiliate marketing, and you are not, the search engines are going to see that and wonder why.

4. good content gives people something to read so they do not bounce.

Basically, content is for your readers and the search engines. Give them both what they want and you will be successful.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
So if I have no real product or service to sell -- Can I still make a lot of money by driving traffic to my content somehow?

I'm guessing the answer would be yes if I'm doing affiliate programs... Or maybe even Ad-Words?

Although it sounds like I really want to have a product or service to sell in order to maximize profit from this type of business?

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Follow up to this http://www.thefastlanetomillions.co...mple-low-cost-wordpress-sites.html#post126284 so Kerry can stay on target. Stay on Target, stay on target.....oops, slipped into star wars mode.

This is a real quick primer on content.

Lets say your site is makingmoneyonline . com. Search engines are going to look to for a few things regarding content.

1. is your content relevant to what you are saying your site is about? are you writing about making money online, or are you writing about lady gaga?

2. is your content unique? Some say this is vital, some say it is not huge.

3. This one is hard to explain, and I only read it once awhile ago, so I may be crazy, but, is your sites content in line with other sites content ranking for the same thing. In other words, if all the make money online sites are talking about affiliate marketing, and you are not, the search engines are going to see that and wonder why.

4. good content gives people something to read so they do not bounce.

Basically, content is for your readers and the search engines. Give them both what they want and you will be successful.

I did a presentation about this at this year's B&P.

You may want to check out Jon's site about this: Topical SEO - Field Notes from a Competitive Affiliate Webmaster

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.