The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Connecting DJ's to Venues

Pearso

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
May 22, 2019
Hey all,

I have been Djing for around 4 months as a hobby, never really thought of going and Djing at clubs. I did however talk to a friend of mine who is struggling to become a DJ in venues etc... So then a small idea popped into my head.

Do you guys think there is much profit in starting a DJ Promotion company in Australia(after C0VlD-19 slows down)?
Few general points:
- To give upcoming newer djs a chance to become a little larger
- Maybe the way of making money is by taking some commission off what the djs are being paid as most of the DJs do not have the funds to afford promotion services
- I have a fair few contacts in the current city I live in with the larger club owners

Anyway, just a small idea.
What do you guys think?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
It depends on many things.. I've been in the sector and have helped kids play at venues but the thing is:
1) what kind of contact do you have with the venue?
2) HOW MANY venues are there in the area?
3) Considering the experience level no one will call your DJs from other parts of the country so can you supply your local venues(Is there even a demand?)?
4) The big problem is that no names usually get employed so than the venues have less expenses overtime and every once in a while they'll bring someone GOOD/FAMOUS.
5) I never got paid for connecting small djs(who get paid nothing..) with venues, unless you want your kid to split the money he will get to cover expenses...

This is all assuming you'll be helping kids who are unknown and upcoming, what you could actually do if you have good contacts in the venues is to manage famous and good DJs than I could see a big demand.

Small advice for your friend is to do it for free if he thinks he has the skills and play music at small festivals, where I live there's plenty of those and they're always looking for people to fill hours.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.