The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Confused at a life-changing decision

forevermiring

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 16, 2023
So i study in a good school in morocco its free and has a good diploma however there are no jobs avaible because the country is poor but i have an uncle he have a company and wants me to join him when ill finish my studies , i hate my country , its poor , it has no freedom and i feel like shit here , im 19 yo still living with my mom ( dead dad due to covid ) , i read all mj's books and i felt like an environement change is necessary also because morocco isnt really the best entrepreneurial environement , i want to go study in canada ( surprinsly they gave me a study permit ) but there are a few hardships i have money to pay only the first year of studies , so if i go there ill have to have enough money to pay the second year ( 10k $ ) at the end of the first year , but canada is the dream and a perfect place , also i don't give much importance to studies since i'am focusing on creating value , ill do a DEC there which is maybe not as good as the diploma i would have got in morocco but u can get a decent life with it in canada which again doesn't matter i'll create value , , my uncle is against canada because he thinks ill do better in here but i really wanna go because i wanna be independant , have a business and be free but ill come with a cost and risk and ill leave my comfort zone , and obviously canada is so much better than my country i'm all for leaving the comfort zone but if i go there and have no money to pay the second year itll hugely F*ck up my life . I'm confused and i worked so hard to get the study permit which is something all moroccans dream of because everyone hates the country . And now i look at it and think " will i really do well there " For canadians out there do u think i can assume school fees ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

farmer79

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Nov 24, 2013
Saskatchewan, Canada
I am Canadian but never went to college or university so I can’t help with the fees aspect of things.

But as a piece of advice I think the opportunity to work or study in a foreign country where you essentially have to land on your feet and hit the ground running is an opportunity not to be missed. As long as it doesn’t cause you financial hardship ($100,000 of student loan debt or something like that.) I would jump at it. Even better would be to transfer schools and spend a couple years in say Montreal(I assume you speak French) and a couple years in say Calgary or Saskatoon. You’ll have night and day experiences and build an awesome contact list.

This is only if you have your heart set on school. If your going to start a fastlane business do that instead.

Edit. Again I don’t know how study permits work but does a study permit pave the way for either permit residence or citizenship? It is does then I might even accept financial hardship as I assume the business opportunities are far better in Canada than in Morocco.

Lastly don’t let a family member know matter how well meaning define your dreams/goals for you. Listen but remember it’s your life and you only get 75 or so times around the sun so don’t waste any.

Last edited:

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jan 18, 2022
No one from Canada can tell you whether or not you'll be able to pay for your schooling. You claim you've read the books. If that's the case, then the information you should be looking for next is "what type of skill/knowledge can I learn that would allow me to generate an income to ensure I can continue studying in Canada?"

Find a skill to learn, master it, and start selling a product and/or service based on that skill. Ensure you're providing actual value to people, stick to it, develop processes, etc. If you approach the books with the correct perspective, everything you need to get started is right in front of you. You simply need to hop on <insert search engine here (ChatGPT)> and start typing in questions.

Remember: every single decision that you make in this life comes with some form of inherent risk. In your case, moving to Canada for a year, just to return home a failure, is yours. I challenge you to ask yourself this.

If you go to Canada, and you return home a failure after 1 year, wouldn't the experience itself STILL make all of it worth it? Wouldn't the mere taste of living in a different country be enough to motivate you? Isn't the mere sight of a better life and country enough? Because if not, then nothing in this life will motivate you enough to make the scary decisions.

None of us can control the cards we're dealt, but we damn sure control how we play the cards. So, make sure you're playing your cards correctly.

Cheers.

forevermiring

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 16, 2023
"This is only if you have your heart set on school. If your going to start a fastlane business do that instead." i didn't understand what you mean by that

A study permit is a document that let you study in canada , after your studies you can have a work permit and if you work for at least 8 months in Canada they grant you residence

farmer79

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Nov 24, 2013
Saskatchewan, Canada
I’m not a huge fan of post secondary education. I think it costs too much, takes too long, and gives too little. I think most people are better off to forgo and start a fastlane business. But if you are 100% committed to going to school then I think studying in a foreign country is a great idea.

If it leads to permanent residence then I would strongly suggest coming here to school. Canada is a great place to do business.

forevermiring

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 16, 2023
thank you for your reply kind stranger .
"If you go to Canada, and you return home a failure after 1 year, wouldn't the experience itself STILL make all of it worth it? Wouldn't the mere taste of living in a different country be enough to motivate you? Isn't the mere sight of a better life and country enough? Because if not, then nothing in this life will motivate you enough to make the scary decisions."
that would be the " F*ck this event " for me hahaha , however if this scenario occured i will be a broke 20 year old in morocco but the problem is i wouldnt be able to join my old business school so i can just have a 9 to 5 then develop from that , in morocco there are no student job , unemployement rates are to the top and even people with really high diplomas can't find work here . Maybe i can work my way up without that , the problem is all the family would see me as a disapointtement , and i dont give a F*ck , but i give a F*ck what my mother thinks , after the death of her husband , i should save them not make them drown more

forevermiring

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 16, 2023
I’m not a huge fan of post secondary education. I think it costs too much, takes too long, and gives too little. I think most people are better off to forgo and start a fastlane business. But if you are 100% committed to going to school then I think studying in a foreign country is a great idea.
Me too , but sometimes not , DEP takes only 2 years and it can open a lot of doors , but i agree with you
If it leads to permanent residence then I would strongly suggest coming here to school. Canada is a great place to do business.
I will think about it the whole situation is quite confusing i talked with some african students they said that paying your studies from the start is impossible but if your first year is paid you have a shot but it won't be easy

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jan 18, 2022
that would be the " F*ck this event " for me hahaha , however if this scenario occured i will be a broke 20 year old in morocco but the problem is i wouldnt be able to join my old business school so i can just have a 9 to 5 then develop from that , in morocco there are no student job , unemployement rates are to the top and even people with really high diplomas can't find work here . Maybe i can work my way up without that , the problem is all the family would see me as a disapointtement , and i dont give a F*ck , but i give a F*ck what my mother thinks , after the death of her husband , i should save them not make them drown more
Who cares who sees you as a disappointment? Do you see yourself as a disappointment?

Unfortunately there will always be an excuse to do/not do something. There isn't anything anyone can say at this point, tbh. Both choices have risks. So pick the risk you can live with and go for it.

Cheers.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
So i study in a good school in morocco its free and has a good diploma however there are no jobs avaible because the country is poor but i have an uncle he have a company and wants me to join him when ill finish my studies , i hate my country , its poor , it has no freedom and i feel like shit here , im 19 yo still living with my mom ( dead dad due to covid ) , i read all mj's books and i felt like an environement change is necessary also because morocco isnt really the best entrepreneurial environement , i want to go study in canada ( surprinsly they gave me a study permit ) but there are a few hardships i have money to pay only the first year of studies , so if i go there ill have to have enough money to pay the second year ( 10k $ ) at the end of the first year , but canada is the dream and a perfect place , also i don't give much importance to studies since i'am focusing on creating value , ill do a DEC there which is maybe not as good as the diploma i would have got in morocco but u can get a decent life with it in canada which again doesn't matter i'll create value , , my uncle is against canada because he thinks ill do better in here but i really wanna go because i wanna be independant , have a business and be free but ill come with a cost and risk and ill leave my comfort zone , and obviously canada is so much better than my country i'm all for leaving the comfort zone but if i go there and have no money to pay the second year itll hugely F*ck up my life . I'm confused and i worked so hard to get the study permit which is something all moroccans dream of because everyone hates the country . And now i look at it and think " will i really do well there " For canadians out there do u think i can assume school fees ?
Well this is a business forum. The choice is quite obvious to me.

You have an uncle who runs a successful business, and he is very passionate about getting you involved.

The other choice is studying abroad where you don’t know how to pay for the entire course.

Being in a “dream foreign country” doesn’t change anything unless you can secure a work pass. Even finishing the degree doesn’t guarantee that.

You are underestimating how valuable your uncle’s offer is.

FrYo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Apr 15, 2020
FRANCE
Hello,
You could as well go to France or to Spain to have a more pleasent live is this is what you want. But there also you will get your 9 to 5 job and back to the same situation.
But the Fastlane mentality is about freeing yourself wherever you happen to be.
A front-end developper in freelance can earn between 200 and 400 euros per day of work, developpers are in high demand everywhere. What prevents you from learning css and javascript right away from where you are already ?
Like developping, many skills can be learned on site and sold all over the planete especially when you speak many languages as you might do.
About your uncle company, don't you think that you might have an advantage over the competitors as they don't know the fastlane phylosophy ?
Think about what is best for you and go for it.
If this may help you...
Good luck!

Happyheart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 11, 2020
Me too , but sometimes not , DEP takes only 2 years and it can open a lot of doors , but i agree with you

I will think about it the whole situation is quite confusing i talked with some african students they said that paying your studies from the start is impossible but if your first year is paid you have a shot but it won't be easy
You have an advantage in points for permanent residency if you have studied in Canada, even if it is only a year.
To the money part of it, could you maybe earn money by selling your services on platforms like fiverr and upwork? Or is there anything you can do for your uncle, like building a website or marketing that you can do online?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.