The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Concierge Business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Bass

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 27, 2016
Hi Guys,

Like I said before on my previous thread here I am to disclose my plan to pursue a different and more challenging life.

I’m currently working a full time job in hospitality industry; obviously I do believe I can do so much more than this, and empirical experience tells me that if I want financial freedom, working for myself is the way to go. So I decided to open a concierge business on the side.

I want to help and provide as much value as I can.

The beautiful thing about getting “older” is that you start realising that time is the most valuable asset in this life, and this is what I provide, I give people more time so they can enjoy themselves and make the most of their lives.

Plan is to direct this business mainly to wealthy people, obviously at this point I will never refuse any work, regardless who is asking.

I'm based in Manchester (UK), but I can provide services pretty much everywhere.

I read on this forum there are members in here that have built a similar company, so, what kind of advice can you give me?

Obviously this is for everyone, so please share your thoughts.

Have a look on the website and tell me what you think.

http://www.endlesstime.co.uk/

And feel free to like if you want :)

Kind Regards,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hi Guys,

Like I said before on my previous thread here I am to disclose my plan to pursue a different and more challenging life.

I’m currently working a full time job in hospitality industry; obviously I do believe I can do so much more than this, and empirical experience tells me that if I want financial freedom, working for myself is the way to go. So I decided to an open a concierge business on the side.

I want to help and provide as much value as I can.

The beautiful thing about getting “older” is that you start realising that time is the most valuable asset in this life, and this is what I provide, I give people more time so they can enjoy themselves and make the most of their lives.

Plan is to direct this business mainly to wealthy people, obviously at this point I will never refuse any work, regardless who is asking.

I'm based in Manchester (UK), but I can provide services pretty much everywhere.

I read on this forum there are members in here that have built a similar company, so, what kind of advice can you give me?

Obviously this is for everyone, so please share your thoughts.

Have a look on the website and tell me what you think.

http://www.endlesstime.co.uk/

And feel free to like if you want :)

Kind Regards,

I think you're gonna need to put some cash in for a designer and a copywriter.

Right now it doesn't look affluent and the message isn't clear.

Maybe pick up the book The No B.S. Guide to Marketing to the Affluent.

How will your service be different or better? Why should they give you their cash?

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
you are trying a lot to convince people to buy..
also your costumers may not want to be member of your family. they just want an employee.
put a price on the essential package.
your site is not so good and will not attract high end costumers - the ones you are looking for.
also i had to adjust the site size to see the endless time logo on the left.

Bass

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 27, 2016
I think you're gonna need to put some cash in for a designer and a copywriter.

Right now it doesn't look affluent and the message isn't clear.

Maybe pick up the book The No B.S. Guide to Marketing to the Affluent.

How will your service be different or better? Why should they give you their cash?

The idea was to present a clean and minimalistic website, colours like gold and black I don't consider them appealing. I know a lot of people use this kind of "theme" when they are attracting the 1%.

Suggestions to transmit a clear and more concise message?

Considering this is a concierge business and I'm not inventing a new product, I will make sure I provide a better service, i will not only focus to provide a service but to excel what was asked. This is an industry where people skills are key, and without sounding too cocky, I'm very good at dealing with people.
I don't want to have the best national concierge business, i want to be one of the best in the world. I have a lot to learn but I'm sure if i put the work this can be accomplished.

On top of that i have several years of experience in customer service ( Hotels mainly ) and i have some connections.

Like i said before I'm a Portuguese guy living in the UK and as a start i will focus my efforts on building my clientèle amongst football players. I don't know if you are aware but here in Manchester we have several top class teams. It helps that i have several Portuguese and Brazilian players in here, and one of the best, if not the best manager in the world ( Jose Mourinho ) is Portuguese, so i will approach them and make sure they know what kind of value i can bring to their lives.

Bottom line, they will give me their money because i will provide value to their lives, i will give them more time so they can enjoy their lives.
You can loose a house, get another one
Loose a job, get another one.

Loose time, you cant get it back.

Successful people value their time.

Pete.Watson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Sep 9, 2016
Hey Bass,

You say you want to target footballers and their lifestyles. Who do you think currently manage their lives and daily affiars at the moment?

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
United and City have some great players. too bad Lester won the championship

Don't they get assistance like the kind you are trying to offer from their teams allready?
maybe it should be better to network with some of these teams board members. and then play the " portuguese "card to them

Pete.Watson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Sep 9, 2016
@kkompoti is absolutely right. The football clubs already manage all of their players affairs by default, as their lifestyles directly effect their performance on the pitch. I deal with footballers on a daily basis. Most of them have no idea about anything around them.

Depay Memphis is a very good client of mine. Granted he's small fry (He earns 90,000 a week compared to Rooney who was at 260k a week), but he has very big spending habits. The first time he bought from me, it was a 21k transaction. His bank stopped the payment and he had to authorise via phone by confirming some personal details. Except, he literally had no idea about anything. He didn't know his postcode, his home number, email address associated to his bank account. He knew absolutely nothing. In the end, he had to call his manager at the football club to tell him how much he spends on rent every month.

I think you could have a good idea, but rather competing for footballers, in my opinion and experience, you should try to collaborate with football clubs, who could then automatically assign their players to your business?

If you want to bounce some ideas off me then just message me :), but I think you should come down to London and see the potential you have in the local Arabs and Chinese who live in and around London, these are the people who drop £60k on a Hermes handbag and don't blink twice.

Bass

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 27, 2016
@kkompoti is absolutely right. The football clubs already manage all of their players affairs by default, as their lifestyles directly effect their performance on the pitch. I deal with footballers on a daily basis. Most of them have no idea about anything around them.

Depay Memphis is a very good client of mine. Granted he's small fry (He earns 90,000 a week compared to Rooney who was at 260k a week), but he has very big spending habits. The first time he bought from me, it was a 21k transaction. His bank stopped the payment and he had to authorise via phone by confirming some personal details. Except, he literally had no idea about anything. He didn't know his postcode, his home number, email address associated to his bank account. He knew absolutely nothing. In the end, he had to call his manager at the football club to tell him how much he spends on rent every month.

I think you could have a good idea, but rather competing for footballers, in my opinion and experience, you should try to collaborate with football clubs, who could then automatically assign their players to your business?

If you want to bounce some ideas off me then just message me :), but I think you should come down to London and see the potential you have in the local Arabs and Chinese who live in and around London, these are the people who drop £60k on a Hermes handbag and don't blink twice.

Guys this is great! I appreciate all the input you are giving.

So let me explain, when i said footballers i know that in the end i will deal either with the Football Club ( Board members ) or the agent. And when i was ready to reply and say something like, i can always establish a partnership between me and the club or the agent! But you guys said it all.
There are a few Portuguese agents quite known in the Football scene and i will approach them and offer my services. This is just the tip of the iceberg, i wont strict my business solely to "footballers", i will try to reach everyone... From CEO's to Sport Stars, Musicians, Actors. You get the idea.

Pete.Watson i will definitely drop you a few messages, i presume you work in the same industry? What if i go down to London, do you mind to meet me somewhere? . It would be great to swap some ideas! I'm a social guy :)

Bass

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 27, 2016
you are trying a lot to convince people to buy..
also your costumers may not want to be member of your family. they just want an employee.
put a price on the essential package.
your site is not so good and will not attract high end costumers - the ones you are looking for.
also i had to adjust the site size to see the endless time logo on the left.

kkompoti, appreciate the feedback.
Is the logo too small?

Pete.Watson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Sep 9, 2016
@Bass Hey no worries :). I'm still in the slowlane working for Fendi in Harrods. So I meet a lot of people who could potentially use your business!

Sure why not. Would be fun to meet up! Let me know when you're planning to pop down!

Bass

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 27, 2016
@Bass Hey no worries :). I'm still in the slowlane working for Fendi in Harrods. So I meet a lot of people who could potentially use your business!

Sure why not. Would be fun to meet up! Let me know when you're planning to pop down!

Fantastic. Believe me i will go to London soon.
I will drop you a message saying when i will be there.

i have some friends completely addicted to collect handbags. Some of them are something.

And yes, Chinese and Arabs are very peculiar with their spending habits.

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
kkompoti, appreciate the feedback.
Is the logo too small?

no the page size is wrong. maybe it is not a responsive theme.
this is what i first saw:endlesstime.png
then i pushed ctrl+ - to get to see your logo.

Bass

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 27, 2016
no the page size is wrong. maybe it is not a responsive theme.
this is what i first saw:View attachment 13404
then i pushed ctrl+ - to get to see your logo.

Thanks for that.
I'm in the process of doing a couple of changes on my website.
Feel free to throw more constructive criticism...

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
are you a one man show? or you have a team that will work with you? put some photos and small bios of your team.

dont over-lick your potential costumers.
some of your content was like this:
"Please please please please very very very important people of the word , i am here and i want to serve you better than what Albert did for Bruce Wayne. pleaseeeeeeee ,here are my packages..."

change your copy NOW!

also change your images. put real photos. with people.
they are trying to find someone to pay for helping them with daily errands.showing them boats is irrelevant...

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Thanks for that.
I'm in the process of doing a couple of changes on my website.
Feel free to throw more constructive criticism...

It has a web2.0 feel - the gradient buttons, the stock photos.

If you are a one man show, consider getting ideas from other affluent focused websites.

Themeforest as well - your customers won't know the difference.

Bass

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 27, 2016
are you a one man show? or you have a team that will work with you? put some photos and small bios of your team.

dont over-lick your potential costumers.
some of your content was like this:
"Please please please please very very very important people of the word , i am here and i want to serve you better than what Albert did for Bruce Wayne. pleaseeeeeeee ,here are my packages..."

change your copy NOW!

also change your images. put real photos. with people.
they are trying to find someone to pay for helping them with daily errands.showing them boats is irrelevant...

At the moment its just me and another person. Obviously we have other people ready to help if needed.

I will speak with a web designer so i can improve my website and make it more appealing.
Honestly i had a look on other concierge websites and most of them are really not appealing.

I will have a word with a copywriter and make some changes to the text as well.

Pictures, i cant use pictures from google, any other suggestion?

Pictures for the "header", any suggestions?

Bass

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 27, 2016
It has a web2.0 feel - the gradient buttons, the stock photos.

If you are a one man show, consider getting ideas from other affluent focused websites.

Themeforest as well - your customers won't know the difference.

Already on it! Website will be changed very soon..

Thanks

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
At the moment its just me and another person. Obviously we have other people ready to help if needed.

put small bios and photos on the about us section and some good content instead of this:

Our members are not just numbers: they're part of our extended family who are constantly seeking luxury and high quality services.
We take the time in finding out exactly what you want and then, without hesitation, we set into motion an amazing network of relationships and contacts designed to make inaccessible, accessible and deliver every imaginable option and opportunity with grace, style and very unique flair.
Our mission is to go above and beyond our members expectations. We are committed to the notion that quality matters and will never stop striving for perfection.
Our members come back to us because we believe in quality over quantity and because we value the exclusivity and confidentiality of our luxury concierge services.
We invite you to leave the ordinary and enjoy the extraordinary with us.

Bolded and underlined parts i did not like. Do you see what is wrong there? Do you think there is a pattern?

Honestly i had a look on other concierge websites and most of them are really not appealing.

find the missing value on the competitors site. not just judge it.
MJ did the same thing and found what was missing from his rivals.You know what happened next for him.

Also a wise member of this forum states: You do not need a website, you need sales.
In your case stop losing time and money on the site and go find the people you must network NOW!
Also fiy you do not need a business card to make some appointments with clients.
Make some cards with the money you will get from your first contract.

Pictures, i cant use pictures from google, any other suggestion?

Pictures for the "header", any suggestions?

Ask a web graphic designer about that.

------------------------------------------------

Finally my honest opinion is that what you are trying to do right now has small potential for SCALE.

Also some questions from me. Do you know the book this forum you seek anwers is based on? Did you read it? How did you end up on this forum?

Bass

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 27, 2016
put small bios and photos on the about us section and some good content instead of this:

Our members are not just numbers: they're part of our extended family who are constantly seeking luxury and high quality services.
We take the time in finding out exactly what you want and then, without hesitation, we set into motion an amazing network of relationships and contacts designed to make inaccessible, accessible and deliver every imaginable option and opportunity with grace, style and very unique flair.
Our mission is to go above and beyond our members expectations. We are committed to the notion that quality matters and will never stop striving for perfection.
Our members come back to us because we believe in quality over quantity and because we value the exclusivity and confidentiality of our luxury concierge services.
We invite you to leave the ordinary and enjoy the extraordinary with us.

Bolded and underlined parts i did not like. Do you see what is wrong there? Do you think there is a pattern?

find the missing value on the competitors site. not just judge it.
MJ did the same thing and found what was missing from his rivals.You know what happened next for him.

Also a wise member of this forum states: You do not need a website, you need sales.
In your case stop losing time and money on the site and go find the people you must network NOW!
Also fiy you do not need a business card to make some appointments with clients.
Make some cards with the money you will get from your first contract.

Ask a web graphic designer about that.

------------------------------------------------

Finally my honest opinion is that what you are trying to do right now has small potential for SCALE.

Also some questions from me. Do you know the book this forum you seek anwers is based on? Did you read it? How did you end up on this forum?

Believe me when i say this, i'm more focused on getting sales than spending my time building the perfect website, its one of the reasons why the website needs some improvement.

Can you elaborate on this? "Finally my honest opinion is that what you are trying to do right now has small potential for SCALE."

Are you talking about the concierge business model as a whole? Or the fact that i'm aiming the 1%?

Yes, i read the book. I don't remember exactly where i came across with the website, i believe i saw someone mentioning the site on the business INSIDERS.
One of the reasons why i end up on this forum is because i want to achieve financial freedom, and this website has tons of great advice on how to achieve it. I can encounter people in here with the same mindset.

Bass

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 27, 2016
Pm me with your budget for this project.
I'll help anyways, it's just how much I'll be able to help you.

Honest answer is right now i wont spend that much money on the website.
I need to get sales and then i will revise my website.

Appreciate the help anyway

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
Can you elaborate on this? "Finally my honest opinion is that what you are trying to do right now has small potential for SCALE."

as a whole. having a brand of personal assistants - employees for the top 5% is difficult. the top5% are not going to play with their secrets and let people being close to them and their children if they do not personally have some idea about this person before the actual contract.

it is not like hiring some security guys that you need for their special skillset. in that case you go to a company.

it is easier for them to choose a personal assistant from the people they allready know .
going to a brand that has employees to do this is not for the top5% .
how are you going to get trust from your clients and then reaarange that trust(clients trust to you as person) to your employee???

imagine yourself with a billion dollar and your kids.
would you give your kids day routine to a person that you do not know, but works for that consierge high end and luxury brand owned by Bruno that wasthe personal assistant of X and Z football players????? or would you give it to a person you know before you went rich??

that is my personal opinion.don't be discouraged by it.

please read the book one more time.study it.
also use this forum to add and to take value.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Honest answer is right now i wont spend that much money on the website.
I need to get sales and then i will revise my website.

Appreciate the help anyway
I don't care about your website, it doesn't matter.
I ask about budget, because if you cannot afford to make progress with this business, as it requires money to make money, all discussions don't make sense.

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
Yes, i read the book. I don't remember exactly where i came across with the website, i believe i saw someone mentioning the site on the business INSIDERS.

my opinion is that you haven't read the book. the forum is referred throughout the book.

as it requires money to make money, all discussions don't make sense.

first part true. second part not so true. not all people are so aggresive like you on the business side.
also not all the people in here have a lot of money cashflowing.
i believe MJ did not write his book only to put his fastlane mentality on paper. he did it to help people. not only the ones that have money.all of them (rich - poor - thin -fat - tall - short - black - white).
adding value inside here only with a right opinion is something that can change someone elses life in the other side of the planet from where i live,no matter how much money he has in the bank and that is important.
also often this forum is used for guidance on lots of different things, not only for explaining the next business project and how that goes.

Bass

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 27, 2016
as a whole. having a brand of personal assistants - employees for the top 5% is difficult. the top5% are not going to play with their secrets and let people being close to them and their children if they do not personally have some idea about this person before the actual contract.

it is not like hiring some security guys that you need for their special skillset. in that case you go to a company.

it is easier for them to choose a personal assistant from the people they allready know .
going to a brand that has employees to do this is not for the top5% .
how are you going to get trust from your clients and then reaarange that trust(clients trust to you as person) to your employee???

imagine yourself with a billion dollar and your kids.
would you give your kids day routine to a person that you do not know, but works for that consierge high end and luxury brand owned by Bruno that wasthe personal assistant of X and Z football players????? or would you give it to a person you know before you went rich??

that is my personal opinion.don't be discouraged by it.

please read the book one more time.study it.
also use this forum to add and to take value.

Its your point of view and i respect that but i disagree with most of the things you wrote.

I'm not building a business to be a babysitter, its a concierge company that provides multiple services, e.g: property management, travel arrangements, organizing events and experiences. Clients don't need to trust me their family members, they need to believe i'm capable of doing what they asked. Simple as that. There are several concierge companies out there with a proven record that this business model can be quite successful. How successful it can be? Well, its up to me. If i'm aiming the 1%? Yes i am, but like i said before i will never refuse work.Lets put this in a different way, roughly there are 64 million people living in the UK, don't you think this is enough SCALE? And lets not forget i'm aiming to provide a service worldwide.

I'm always learning and i will do my best to provide as much value as i can!

Bass

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 27, 2016
I don't care about your website, it doesn't matter.
I ask about budget, because if you cannot afford to make progress with this business, as it requires money to make money, all discussions don't make sense.

For the website currently the budget is zero! I have other ways...

And lets agree to disagree, if everyone thought like you no one would ever start a company. You don't need to be wealthy in order to develop a a successful business. If it takes time, yes it does!

Every case is different, lets not generalize.

Bass

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 27, 2016
my opinion is that you haven't read the book. the forum is referred throughout the book.

first part true. second part not so true. not all people are so aggresive like you on the business side.
i believe MJ did not write his book only to put his fastlane mentality on paper. he did it to help people. not only the ones that have money.all of them (rich - poor - thin -fat - tall - short - black - white).
adding value inside here only with a right opinion is something that can change someone elses life in the other side of the planet from where i live,no matter how much money he has in the bank and that is important.
also often this forum is used for guidance on lots of different things, not only for explaining the next business project and how that goes.

Well if i said that i did its because i did...

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
That's why I said I'll help anyways, because this information will be useful to others.

The point is, discussing business that has not enough fuel to make progress is an equivalent of discussing a hypothetical business:
If a business owner cannot or don't want to invest a minimum required amount of money in his business - he won't get sales. There is 65 million people in UK, but it doesn't mean he will have any cut.
"We provide premium-level luxury lifestyle services" means that your representation of your business has to be premium-level itself. Otherwise it means no business for you.

There is no point in brainstorming this venture so it will make 5 sales in 2 months just because its owner is miser.

Consider it my first input in this thread.

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
travel arrangements, organizing events and experiences

where will the kids be? where will they be? passing vital information like this to a third unknown party for the top1% you mention is not going to happen. vital for their security.

there are 64 million people living in the UK, don't you think this is enough SCALE?

you got it wrong here. you are offering something for the top1% people. that is not 64 million.

if you did did i agree with you . then feel free to re - read the book.

And lets agree to disagree, if everyone thought like you no one would ever start a company.

dont judge people. give enough value as @devine has and then feel free to have a disagreement.

Bass

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 27, 2016
where will the kids be? where will they be? passing vital information like this to a third unknown party for the top1% you mention is not going to happen. vital for their security.

you got it wrong here. you are offering something for the top1% people. that is not 64 million.

if you did did i agree with you . then feel free to re - read the book.

Dont judge people. give enough value as @devine has and then feel free to have a disagreement.

Lets forget for a minute that not everyone has kids! My job is to build that trust, and to prove i'm in here to provide as much value as i can to their lives. Regardless the request...

If i'm aiming the 1%, yes i am but like i said before i will do business with EVERYONE! I want to help as much people as i can. Therefore this business model has scale. If it might take a while until i build a client base, probably, but i'm already aware of that.

Who is judging people? And i cant disagree because i didn't provide value YET? That is nonsense!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.