The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Concept for Meditation Aid

TicTacTom

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 29, 2018
Hello,

I am after some feedback on an idea that I have. I think my Fastlane is to invent something.
I've no idea about how to secure investors or start designing my concept - but I guess getting feedback on the idea is a good starting point.
(Incidentally, if anyone could guide me to a few helpful posts - I'd be grateful. I've looked at the Indie-Go-Go and KS routes, but these are more for products already a certain way a long these days).

My device is very simple. It's called the Nudge and is primarily aimed at people who use Mindfulness Meditation.
With the explosion of apps like Headspace, and mindfulness become front and center for businesses looking to help their staff relieve stress - I think I've found a common problem that needs solving.

The device itself, is a small Bluetooth band, that people wear like an anklet.
Why an anklet? Because it's an area where we still don't have a load of vibrating devices strapped too, so the hope is that it being a relatively unique placement will make people associate it with something different.
At set intervals - specified by a supporting phone app, the device will let off a vibration.
The idea is that this will remind people to take that second to stop and be in the present.

The idea is to make it as simple as possible to maximize battery life.

Anyone who has ever done mindfulness knows that the reminder to be in the present is an important aspect of it.
I'd love to get some feedback. I have spoken to a lot of people about it, and I am getting positive feedback but I would like to extend this outwards to completely unbiased brains,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
This product exists as a watch:

Your product idea seems to be different in that it goes on the ankle and that its a small band.

Kickstarter seems to be ideal for testing your idea before you start actually producing it.

If you don't do Kickstarter, consider creating a prototype and pre-selling on your own before you start producing it in bulk.

If you can make it a fashion statement, it could become popular with women.

A stylish fitbit-like anklet for the LuluLemon yoga crowd.

Actually, I just googled fitbit for ankles. There are tons of etsy creators who make ankle bands to hold fitbits.

Maybe you can be come a front runner.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019
Instead of vibrating at set times, can you implement heart rate monitoring, so it vibrates when it's elevated? Like in a stressful, frightening, trigerring or otherwise alarming situation. That's where we forget about mindfulness most often, when the emotions carry us away.
Of course, with ability to turn it off when doing sports etc.

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Instead of vibrating at set times, can you implement heart rate monitoring, so it vibrates when it's elevated? Like in a stressful, frightening, trigerring or otherwise alarming situation. That's where we forget about mindfulness most often, when the emotions carry us away.
Of course, with ability to turn it off when doing sports etc.

That’s very true and a great idea. I know I could use that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TicTacTom

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 29, 2018
[/QUOTE]
Your product idea seems to be different in that it goes on the ankle and that its a small band.
Kickstarter seems to be ideal for testing your idea before you start actually producing it.

Thanks for the feedback... My experience with KS is that you usually need a product prototyped at the very least - so it's hard to get the money from KS at the right stage - i.e. the design stage!

[/QUOTE]
Instead of vibrating at set times, can you implement heart rate monitoring, so it vibrates when it's elevated? Like in a stressful, frightening, trigerring or otherwise alarming situation.

I'd thought about how i might build on it after a v1 stage - this is something that really interests me. I'd also though about maybe being able to set vibration patterns to let you know about different things

Departed

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jul 15, 2017
Europe
Hello,

I am after some feedback on an idea that I have. I think my Fastlane is to invent something.
I've no idea about how to secure investors or start designing my concept - but I guess getting feedback on the idea is a good starting point.
(Incidentally, if anyone could guide me to a few helpful posts - I'd be grateful. I've looked at the Indie-Go-Go and KS routes, but these are more for products already a certain way a long these days).

My device is very simple. It's called the Nudge and is primarily aimed at people who use Mindfulness Meditation.
With the explosion of apps like Headspace, and mindfulness become front and center for businesses looking to help their staff relieve stress - I think I've found a common problem that needs solving.

The device itself, is a small Bluetooth band, that people wear like an anklet.
Why an anklet? Because it's an area where we still don't have a load of vibrating devices strapped too, so the hope is that it being a relatively unique placement will make people associate it with something different.
At set intervals - specified by a supporting phone app, the device will let off a vibration.
The idea is that this will remind people to take that second to stop and be in the present.

The idea is to make it as simple as possible to maximize battery life.

Anyone who has ever done mindfulness knows that the reminder to be in the present is an important aspect of it.
I'd love to get some feedback. I have spoken to a lot of people about it, and I am getting positive feedback but I would like to extend this outwards to completely unbiased brains,

I had exactly the same idea about 1-2 years ago and put it on my "ideas list". Like 99% the same (minimalistic, no bs functions, vibrations - nothing more) The 1% difference: I would make it an amulet/charm to hang around your neck. There is one more thing I would add in a v2, which I am not going to reveal ;)
After giving it some thought I came to the conclusion that a) nobody is specifically searching for something like that which makes advertising hard and b) It is rather one of those "Ah, thats a cool thing" ideas which nobody buys at the end of the day. ..

Send me a PM if you want to partner up ;)

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.