The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Common pain point that needs a solution

Idea threads

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I see.
Some of the questions I ask myself especially as of late ..
How does this help my wife and children? When I write I often consider the posterity. I want my children to have works from their father that makes their life easier.
I ask am I putting my wife first?

Before I start. I try to ask what is it that I am making? I like to have a vision of what it is I am writing.
Also why? What is the purpose of this piece (even if it is a totally simple non important reason. To know helps alot)

I would ask myself who is this for? Above I stated I always consider my wife and children. However not every work is meant for them to read.

I ask... Do I enjoy doing this? I have found myself rejecting the work I have began because I hated what I was doing.

I ask myself what colors I want to use? ( This is an abstract question) but I I like to paint. And many parrells are between writing and painting. I do not see my writing as just black and white words. My writing depicts images in my own mind

I ask when do I want people to recieve this? Is this for right now. Or will my target receive it later?

I ask can I protect it and how? ( When I was a child I wrote a story in marker. I spend days on it. So much work. And then it rained! And I lost all that work. And for I long time I did not write stories again for fear of simply losing what I made)

I ask does this make sense? Many projects we are able to pursue... But does this leave me in a better position in the end? Or will by the time I complete this shall I be left in a deficit ?(of energy resources and time)

I repeat this one, what is it that I am making? Am I writing rhymes? Am I writing a story ?

What else would I ask ...
What is the aim? The definite purpose?
The end goal?
Moses, wonderful list of questions. By thinking things through, you can solve the problems before you ever get there. I thought your idea about knowing what you don't wanna do -- what will make you crazy -- is so basic to your happiness. Just because you are good at something, does not mean that you must do it! I've had people tell that I must do something because I good at it. Wrong. I can do what makes me happy. . It’s my choice!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
I sewed for a while in my art studio.

That's amazing! I want an art studio! It's a must-have in my future house lol. I'm inspired by your daily routine it sounds like such a healthy and happy lifestyle.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
That's amazing! I want an art studio! It's a must-have in my future house lol. I'm inspired by your daily routine it sounds like such a healthy and happy lifestyle.
You'd love it. It's sure worth dedicating the space. When I lived in a townhouse in Los Angeles, I dedicated space there too that I really loved. Here in Alaska, I hired a man and had him build me a room on the front of my house just for my art space. My husband (I married my fishing buddy here) built a sun porch off my art studio to expand my space for summertime. Yes, he spoils me.

Here's why I love my art studio. I have a place to do all of my stuff and lots of natural light. The views of the woods outside are wonderful. I can leave a project out for another session and no one bothers it. It's awesome to have space to have a drafting table, art easel, a couple of sewing machines, a cutting table, and different other types of project spaces. That's also the room with our wood stove, so it's cozy warm in the winter. I cook in cast iron pots on the woodstove when it is cold. I get to smell the chicken soup cooking while I work on my projects.

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
You'd love it. It's sure worth dedicating the space. When I lived in a townhouse in Los Angeles, I dedicated space there too that I really loved. Here in Alaska, I hired a man and had him build me a room on the front of my house just for my art space. My husband (I married my fishing buddy here) built a sun porch off my art studio to expand my space for summertime. Yes, he spoils me.

Here's why I love my art studio. I have a place to do all of my stuff and lots of natural light. The views of the woods outside are wonderful. I can leave a project out for another session and no one bothers it. It's awesome to have space to have a drafting table, art easel, a couple of sewing machines, a cutting table, and different other types of project spaces. That's also the room with our wood stove, so it's cozy warm in the winter. I cook in cast iron pots on the woodstove when it is cold. I get to smell the chicken soup cooking while I work on my projects.
I'm drooling! I love everything about art and natural light! That's so nice that you can leave a project out too. I'm working with a small apartment in the middle of Seattle now so not much room for art or else I'll trip haha but I keep a needle and thread at my desk to be able to alter clothes to make them fit better whenever I want and it's always the highlight of my day when I do. I like to do splatter paintings so I definitely can't do that in my rented apartment now lol. I was a craft coffee/latte art barista in Austin, TX (and teacher of a 1x/week meditation class at a top yoga studio which wasn't a good business model to try to be a full time meditation teacher on $30/week and no other efforts to grow my "business" lol but I did change the life of a single mom with 2 kids by teaching her meditation which I feel good about - I was surprised when she told me she got a pretty large tattoo on her ribs which she said was dedicated to what she learned from me) a few years back and a customer at the coffee shop told me they were a dentist's wife so I asked if they needed artwork and sure enough they had all blank walls and really wanted local art so I have some of my paintings still up at their office in Austin, TX. It's been about 5 years and I went back last year and drove past and saw my artwork is still up on the walls haha but I didn't ask for pay from the dental office and I didn't get any art clients from it despite having my contact info and my value adding tag line "local artist" next to the paintings. That was basically the extent of my "art business" hence realizing I seriously need to teach myself how to actually make/sustain a business. I also was doing business networking in Austin (I have a bachelor's in economics and was a corporate analyst for 1 year) and somehow I got the chance to have coffee with one of the top female RE agents in the city and I learned so much in that hour and it was a few years ago now but I still use what I learned and was inspired by her story of driving to Austin from her home in the midwest and growing her RE career from there. On another note, I got an interview for tomorrow morning at a top 10 RE company office in Seattle. It's for another slow lane job like I have now as an administrator/agent experience coordinator. I think it may be really good to be around hustling RE agents if I can keep the same pay I'm getting now vs. the tired consulting 9-5 co-workers I'm around now. I walked into the office a few blocks from my apartment last week to just see if there were any openings and I got to know some people there (it was a pretty empty office due to covid) and was talking to the person at the front desk who said she's actually having her last day this Friday 2/11 and she connected me with the company and now I got the first phone interview:) The recruiter is located in Beverly Hills, CA, your old stomping grounds I think. I gotta remember even if I get the job it's just an event. Thanks for sharing about your art studio!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I'm drooling! I love everything about art and natural light! That's so nice that you can leave a project out too. I'm working with a small apartment in the middle of Seattle now so not much room for art or else I'll trip haha but I keep a needle and thread at my desk to be able to alter clothes to make them fit better whenever I want and it's always the highlight of my day when I do. I like to do splatter paintings so I definitely can't do that in my rented apartment now lol. I was a craft coffee/latte art barista in Austin, TX (and teacher of a 1x/week meditation class at a top yoga studio which wasn't a good business model to try to be a full time meditation teacher on $30/week and no other efforts to grow my "business" lol but I did change the life of a single mom with 2 kids by teaching her meditation which I feel good about - I was surprised when she told me she got a pretty large tattoo on her ribs which she said was dedicated to what she learned from me) a few years back and a customer at the coffee shop told me they were a dentist's wife so I asked if they needed artwork and sure enough they had all blank walls and really wanted local art so I have some of my paintings still up at their office in Austin, TX. It's been about 5 years and I went back last year and drove past and saw my artwork is still up on the walls haha but I didn't ask for pay from the dental office and I didn't get any art clients from it despite having my contact info and my value adding tag line "local artist" next to the paintings. That was basically the extent of my "art business" hence realizing I seriously need to teach myself how to actually make/sustain a business. I also was doing business networking in Austin (I have a bachelor's in economics and was a corporate analyst for 1 year) and somehow I got the chance to have coffee with one of the top female RE agents in the city and I learned so much in that hour and it was a few years ago now but I still use what I learned and was inspired by her story of driving to Austin from her home in the midwest and growing her RE career from there. On another note, I got an interview for tomorrow morning at a top 10 RE company office in Seattle. It's for another slow lane job like I have now as an administrator/agent experience coordinator. I think it may be really good to be around hustling RE agents if I can keep the same pay I'm getting now vs. the tired consulting 9-5 co-workers I'm around now. I walked into the office a few blocks from my apartment last week to just see if there were any openings and I got to know some people there (it was a pretty empty office due to covid) and was talking to the person at the front desk who said she's actually having her last day this Friday 2/11 and she connected me with the company and now I got the first phone interview:) The recruiter is located in Beverly Hills, CA, your old stomping grounds:) I gotta remember even if I get the job it's just an event too. Thanks for sharing about your art studio!
I LOVE your story. And the art part is really fun. I paint from time to time. I have a few of my paintings hung at home. And I love my space to create.

(Last night I sewed. I made some pads that attach with velcro closers for the seat belts in my pickup truck. Those seat belts were uncomfortable when we went to town yesterday. So I took some scraps and made some pads for them. It was a one-hour project that cost nothing out of pocket. I love to use what I have to make something useful!)

The good part of your post is if you get the job, is that you will daily be in the middle of people who are out there making it happen. You'll absorb that energy and it will lift you up.

Are you really interested in RE? It's been my life for all of these 46 years. It's not classic fastlane, but I've sure made a good living at it. And today I'm still kicking A$$ on my residential rental business. I can help you develop a program to get you started buying RE for yourself. Your background in economics should really help you. Business basics wind through all the industries. It's a good jumping-off point for you.

And we girls can really, really do it. We have the advantage in RE because women are better at relationships. You've got the math down from your past experience. The guys have a harder time with the people skills. It's a great business opportunity for us women.

Léon_Séguin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 6, 2021
Salutations

I found a major pain point for me that I am positive many of us have and would like to bring it forth.

I, like I am sure many of you, have an email account, well... Multiple email accounts with thousands and thousands of messages that are unread. And frankly every day I get more emails rendering those accounts almost useless!
However I see hope. There is space for problem solving

Now I am sure there is something that helps you clean your email account up swiftly and efficiently.
But is there anything that helps you mine your email accounts?
When I say mine I mean at some point these email accounts were probably personal. There might me oemails from friends that fell to the wayside amongst so much junk.
And many of the emails are from businesses that at some point we willingly subscribed to.
Therefore those emails if willing to go through them could be valuable

I just bring this to the attention of the community because I thought man, of someone could solve this for me... It would be a tremendous relief. I would get functioning email accounts that were once discarded and put aside.

It is like this with my very first AOL. Account. I have tens of thousands of emails.
There is no hope in my eyes of trying to sift through that mess. The thought however is there is something valuable there... If only I knew how to separate that which is valuable and that which is not. You know how they say one man's trash is another man's treasure. Today I say one man's spam is another man's fortune !

Now I opened this to see what the community thought. To see who else had this problem. And if there was anybody with some unique ideas with what to do with these email accounts.

-moses
Hi,

My name is Léon I'm 16 years old I'm French I was looking for ideas on the forum when I came across your thread about mails.

I'm not going to hide from you that at the beginning you seemed to me to want to solve a problem that didn't exist and in a way you create a problem.

But as I read the messages, I started to project myself and it's true that I noticed that the mails were wasting a lot of time for people, people create several, have different subscriptions with different email addresses it's a bit of a mess for everyone I think.

And I think we could reinvent email because it has done its time.

I think there's something to do that's closer to innovation I think.

In terms of security, management, intuition, etc...

I can project myself and see in what form it would appear but anyway an idea becomes clear when you work on it.

(we could even create a software answering all that and sell it to GOOGLE, a software that improves the security, the management and the intuition, I come back on the line of the top when we said that people create a lot of different email addresses because they are too full or another reason, that takes a lot of space in the servers of GOOGLE, our software could for example make them save money, and will make save time users. In this case the software would bring a lot of value to the world).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.