The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Coffee Shop Grinding

Anything related to matters of the mind

ShadowX

Be Grateful
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2013
Hi,

I find myself working 10x better in coffee shops. At home it's a different story.

Does anyone else feel like this too?

Doing much better productively, financially this month, large due to amount of coffee shops im in all the time since it works lol.

How do I transfer this coffee shop magic into home?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Because home in your brain is considered as confort, relax.
If you go out, there's no fridge, no TV, just you and your work.

It's the same for me, that's why if i were a programmer i would not be able to stay at home and be productive lol

ShadowX

Be Grateful
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2013
It's the same for me, that's why if i were a programmer i would not be able to stay at home and be productive lol

Lol what is a practical solution then? Anything that has worked for the fastlaners?

I mean staying coffee shop everyday it comes at a price. $5 each day on coffee + fuel cost.

Alone grinding gets lonely too, coffee shops takes away the loneliness and you can eavesdrop a conversation here and there haha.

ShadowX

Be Grateful
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2013

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Lol what is a practical solution then? Anything that has worked for the fastlaners?

I mean staying coffee shop everyday it comes at a price. $5 each day on coffee + fuel cost.

Alone grinding gets lonely too, coffee shops takes away the loneliness and you can eavesdrop a conversation here and there haha.
Try different things, new places with nice views and try to find a place where you are productive but without having to spend a dollar to stay.

Everyone is different, try to find the best for you ;)

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
what is a practical solution then? Anything that has worked for the fastlaners?

If you're working all day and can't afford a $5 coffee, perhaps you should find something better to work on.

If you're lonely, find a coworking group, find a local group of entrepreneurs, get on Meetup.com and find people, go to the fastlane summit, etc.

You're a proximity worker (most people are, especially in the US) which means you work better around other people who are also working, but not necessarily with them.

I've found if I'm alone or traveling alone, I'll message a few entrepreneur friends online to get my social fix.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I think it has something to do with the high speed WiFi, I feel like I’m in the 90’s when I’m at home.

Getting out of your comfort zone everyday is a good thing, it’s the only way you’ll grow.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Working @ a coffee shop is something I've been meaning to do for the longest time! Logically it seems so silly to pack up my laptop setup travel to somewhere less comfortable and start working there...

But il get to it!

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
a proximity worker (most people are, especially in the US) which means you work better around other people who are also working, but not necessarily with them.

Wow there’s a word for it?

I’m definitely this way. Set up a real nice workspace at my new home but hardly use it.

I’d love to explore a coworking space, seems a great place to meet ppl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giovanni93

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Jan 19, 2018
California

Have you tried your local library? It's free and there will be people around, although if you're like me you can only stand working in dead silence for so long lol.

In terms of creating that atmosphere at home, is it everywhere in your house that you are unable to work? If it is a specific room, such as for me, I have a work desk in my room, but because it's so adjacent to my bed, I associate the room with comfort and sleep, so I usually work downstairs. If you have a room in your house or a certain area at your place that you can make your own work space, I believe if you put down the hard boundary that the area is for work and only work, you might be able to create a mind association with it.

ShadowX

Be Grateful
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2013
If you're working all day and can't afford a $5 coffee, perhaps you should find something better to work on.
Haha of course I can afford it. Like MJ mentioned something about parastitic debt which is monthly stuff like car payments. Sure I can afford to pay $50 a month on coffee, but at the end of the day it's just another cost. Much better reinvested in business or elsewhere. But yeah thinking about it, it's actually repays itself :) so all good I guess.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Haha of course I can afford it. Like MJ mentioned something about parastitic debt which is monthly stuff like car payments. Sure I can afford to pay $50 a month on coffee, but at the end of the day it's just another cost. Much better reinvested in business or elsewhere. But yeah thinking about it, it's actually repays itself :) so all good I guess.
You cheap, SOB. Jk.

I like to think of it like paying for parking your a$$ on their property for a few hours - there’s an economical term to this, I just can’t remember it.

No one likes a freeloader.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.