Hi, I'm fluent in HTML, wordpress, website building, graphics...etc (all the simple stuff) but when it comes to more advanced coding I look for help.
What I need is for visitors to fill out some details on a simple form (edit: do I mean "table"?). In one column I'd like to create some rows for expense categories (rent, food, utilities...etc) in another column I'd like to include rows for non-essential expenses (entertainment, luxury foods...etc). My aim is for people to split their spending into two broad categories. I'll need a total at the bottom of each column (essential and non-essential) and then I want to add a multiplication factor to each column total. For example I'd like to multiply their essential expenses by a factor. I have a point I'd like to make regarding how much money people need to live comfortable lives (without letting too much out of the bag right now).
What language should I explore to make this happen? Is there a standard script I can use? can anyone point me to some useful resources that specifically deal with this type of script. I have time to work on learning but would rather play with variables and I can format it myself so it looks all "purrrdy".
Appreciate any help or guidance you may have.
What I need is for visitors to fill out some details on a simple form (edit: do I mean "table"?). In one column I'd like to create some rows for expense categories (rent, food, utilities...etc) in another column I'd like to include rows for non-essential expenses (entertainment, luxury foods...etc). My aim is for people to split their spending into two broad categories. I'll need a total at the bottom of each column (essential and non-essential) and then I want to add a multiplication factor to each column total. For example I'd like to multiply their essential expenses by a factor. I have a point I'd like to make regarding how much money people need to live comfortable lives (without letting too much out of the bag right now).
What language should I explore to make this happen? Is there a standard script I can use? can anyone point me to some useful resources that specifically deal with this type of script. I have time to work on learning but would rather play with variables and I can format it myself so it looks all "purrrdy".
Appreciate any help or guidance you may have.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
