The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Clients hate calling/searching, leverage that by standing before them

Marketing, social media, advertising

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
So I've just had a call with a prospect about the creation of her future horse riding website and I directly obtained a appointment with her, despite being in competition with several other webdesigners.

It is not the 1st time it happened this way and I will tell you why:

Initially she posted her search for a webmaster on FB and I was tagged on it by a friend.

There was 15 other tag and what surprised me was the lack of professionalism amongst the answers:

"I'm available ! What's that for ?" (obviously for a website dumb*ss at least read the post)
"Call me !" (yes let the client do the lifting excellent idea)
"DM me !" (ok now we are chatting on FB like teenager"
"I'm interested !" (of course you are but we're not on Tinder")
"I would have like but I'm not familiar with wordpress" (then stfu ?!)
"What do you need on your website ?" (bro this is private do not negotiate publicly like that...)

Plus there was tags of agencies, majority didn't answered.

So now the customer had to sort all the answers, explore the website of the agencies, think and decide about the better offer, with all the stress and time that this involve. And then call, negotiate, ... She even implie it.

Now what I have learned about prospection is that customers hate doing all that, maybe as much as we hate cold calling. In fact, they love when we take the first step, working with someone they've already talked with (even only 1 time) may be as important as potential results, or price.

So what did I do ? I hijacked all that by posting a professionnal answer on her post and in DM, and then calling her.

She seemed pleased to have a call. On the phone I simply presented myself, asked questions about her project, gave my arguments and offered an appointment and to send an email with my past work and a summary of how I work. And she accepted.

She accepted because instead of having to do all the lifting, I stood before her and already began the commercial relation, so now, no more need for her to stress about all that. We've already talked to each other, let’s continue to see where it leads.

I don't say it work everytime of course, but it give you a serious edge over your competitors.

Competition may seem impressive due to the large number, but if you can just be proactive and professionnal, you will already have a serious advantage over many of them, because they don't want to get out of their confort zone.

Clients love to feel cared for, so don't wait their permission to do it ! Be proactive and engage ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

futurePorscheDr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jul 6, 2022
Great point, what are those other bozos doing giving out assignments to the potential client? Just make your offer, they accept or reject. Better yet, repeatedly make offer, they just have to accept once.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.