The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Chicago Meet Up...

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Lets try this again. I have availability in the next few weekends.

Also, my buddies and I are having a BBQ in Humboldt Park and anyone interested can hang out. It's on Saturday, August 12th @ 3 PM and booze + food is provided (while it lasts!). Most of the people attending the BBQ are doing things in the real estate industry. The plan is to just hang out and bullshit on a beautiful summer evening, let me know if you have any interest!

I'm leaving the city in a few days... for good...

Happy to meet anyone this week in the meantime.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sam_27

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
May 30, 2016
Chicago, IL
FullSizeRender.jpg

A pic of dinner with the man, the myth, the legend...@Ubermensch before he leaves onto bigger and better things. Appreciate your time my man! Dropped some valuable gold nuggets.

I post this to show people reading this forum that it's not impossible to meet people who are out there making things happen, you just have to reach out and try.

Next weekend is open for me, how's everyones schedule looking?

Sam_27

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
May 30, 2016
Chicago, IL
Hey guys, once again, anyone who wants is invited to my BBQ this Saturday at Humboldt Park at 3 PM - 7 PM. Got a solid group together of people who are doing things and like-minded. Just shoot me a PM if you're interested. Food/drinks/brew's are provided.

P.S. @DaveC sorry for not getting back to you earlier, hope we can make something happen soon

Cheers,
Sam

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Hey guys, once again, anyone who wants is invited to my BBQ this Saturday at Humboldt Park at 3 PM - 7 PM. Got a solid group together of people who are doing things and like-minded. Just shoot me a PM if you're interested. Food/drinks/brew's are provided.

P.S. @DaveC sorry for not getting back to you earlier, hope we can make something happen soon

Cheers,
Sam

This post isn't going to make it to the favorite MLM pitch thread is It?

I can actually make this one... pm me the address.

Thanks.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Speaking of Chicago meetups, are there any forums member in Chicago who cycle?

It's fun to talk shop while riding on the lakefront trail.

Last edited:

Owner2Millions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Feb 21, 2017
Chicago
Im going check that workshop out, but I cant next tuesday as I have to do some errands for my mother and wouldnt make it downtown much later than 5:30. @DaveC do they have any weekend events or Friday workshops?

DaveC

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Oct 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
Im going check that workshop out, but I cant next tuesday as I have to do some errands for my mother and wouldnt make it downtown much later than 5:30. @DaveC do they have any weekend events or Friday workshops?

Not sure I haven't been over there yet, was just more of an FYI.

Sam_27

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
May 30, 2016
Chicago, IL
Hey everyone, it's been too long! Everyone's busy, I get it, but we we live in a damn big city and never have any meet ups.

Bullshit. I volunteer.

If you'd like to meet some ambitious, young, like-minded people, here's an opportunity every week.

A few of my buddies and I get together every Thursday at 7 PM at Rhyme or Reason (1938 W Division St, Chicago, IL 60622) and host a real estate investor/business meet up. We run a company together managing airbnb's and thought this would be a great way to meet local investors.

Anyone and all ages are welcome to join (they don't card), you don't have to be involved in real estate or have any experience in business

-Sam

DaveC

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Oct 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
Hey @Sam_27 ...do you guys still have a Thursday meetup going? Would be up for getting together with local folks again

C.Hamp

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 30, 2019
Illinois
I'm down in Champaign but would be willing to come up if any solid plans are made.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm in if it's somewhere around downtown or easy CTA access. Not sure if you guys would like to do some accountability/advice-idea exchange or just chill.
I'd like to meet with some agenda or plan in mind whether serious or funsies.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
OK are we still up for something after turkey day? Ideally not late at night, because COLD, and in a place where we can hear each other's voices. Fun facts: I'm not so bad at pool, and I can do well at bowling if I'm having a lucky day. Don't cross me on Air Hockey.

Also O/T but not O/T -- anyone thinking or interested in going to The Drake NYE party? I've been wanting to go forever, I feel this year is gonna be the %%%% because 2020, but rather than a couple thing it looks like something cool to do in a group, except I don't really have that many acquaintances...just throwing it out there

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
OK are we still up for something after turkey day? Ideally not late at night, because COLD, and in a place where we can hear each other's voices. Fun facts: I'm not so bad at pool, and I can do well at bowling if I'm having a lucky day. Don't cross me on Air Hockey.

Also O/T but not O/T -- anyone thinking or interested in going to The Drake NYE party? I've been wanting to go forever, I feel this year is gonna be the %%%% because 2020, but rather than a couple thing it looks like something cool to do in a group, except I don't really have that many acquaintances...just throwing it out there

Headed to southern California next week, then probably Colombia or Bali for NYE. However, I'm definitely in for a meetup when I'm here.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL