The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cheap National Numbers/Phone Systems

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Scuderia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Feb 13, 2011
Australia
Hey looking to get a National Number for my new site. However majority of the time, when someone rings it goes to the answering machine. And hardly no one will call. More to build credibility.

I've looked at Virtual Phone System: Grasshopper | Manage Your Calls Online

Which the minimum plan is $12 a month

Is there any cheaper alternatives someone can recommend?

Cheers,
Scuderia

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankee427

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 17, 2011
NJ
I see this thread is from a while ago, but just wanted to post what I am using here.

I saw many good reviews from users of tollfreeforwarding.com.

I started a trial with them today. I'll post here how it goes, its a 30 day trial.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Not a fan of grasshopper. If anybody out there goes with Grasshopper then be careful. I didn't get a plan at first. Next thing I know my number was getting bombarded with all sorts of spammy calls, thus driving my bill up and forcing me to either quit or get a plan. The weird thing is that half of the calls were never even delivered to my phone. Not sure if it's setup that way or what...

I have been planning to switch to kall8 for awhile, and I think that I'll do that within the next week.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
So, I signed up with Grasshopper today because I wanted a vanity toll free number and they had it when I did their wizard. But I wish I had read their FAQ/support section first, because they don't clearly tell you up front it can take up to 7 days for the number to be activated.

I do like their user interface on their website, at least it was easy enough to set up and I've got an extension for myself and one for the wife. But now I theoretically have this cool number and the domain name for it, but I can't jump and start cross-marketing it yet. I was going to start pumping out videos this weekend, but if you call its just a busy signal.

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
bump for info........

Anyone know how (cheaply) upgrade from simply an 800# with a voicemail to an 800# where you can have a rep actually answer the phone between certain hours?

I have an 800# with tollfreeforwarding and love them but I need more than just a voicemail now... I need a live operator on my line between certain times

thanks!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.