The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Chantelle - South Africa

chantelleSA

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 30, 2019
Hi. I'm a 41 year old entrepreneur and single mom from South Africa. I currently have an online skincare business (8 years old), but looking to move to a digital business as I am looking for more freedom. Becoming a digital nomad with digital products appeals the most as I would like to travel the world with my daughter and don't want the responsibility of products, shipping, etc anymore.

If one's excitement factor is a good predictor, then I love securing valuable domain names for resale. I think I'm pretty good at it. I have secured about 40 .online domains such as psychedelics-, buyshares-, bridalguide-, businessinsider-, cannabiskits, designercannabis-, designerweed-, drivetraffic-, nomadguide-, and many many more. I think this is a field I can do really well in; just not completely sure what the best route would be to connect the correct buyer to each domain name. There must be a more genius way than simply using sites such as Flippa, Sedo, etc.

Any advice or help would be appreciated. I am very open-minded and willing to learn. Thanks for your time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

chantelleSA

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 30, 2019
hi chantel, my name is Lunga Ngcobo From South Africa, i was reading your thread and saw that you are very much familiar with the internet world. I am also in a process of starting an internet company. I am currently facing problems with communicating with clients as i am not very much speech fluent when it comes to making phone calls in English. So i was wondering if you might be interested in partnering in my business. My business is an online service so your dream of travelling abroad will still be possible if you decide to partner with me... keep in mind that every single detail about my business has bees set but im stuck with calling and recruiting clients because my English is not very good. thank. please contact me if you are interested. reply here or my e mail and i will give you more details about me and my business...
Hi Lunga. Thank you for your interest. It sounds like you require a marketing assistant which means that your company is dependent on cold-calling as you've stated that you need to recruit clients via phonecalls. That is definitely not something I would entertain from a business standpoint as I myself do not tolerate cold-calling. Have worked my way up from that in my younger years and also know that we now live in an age where people do not tolerate cold-calling or unsolicited communication anymore. In fact, you will find more rejections than any other marketing arena. I wish you luck, but you might consider an alternative path to find your target market. All the best!

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
Hi. I'm a 41 year old entrepreneur and single mom from South Africa. I currently have an online skincare business (8 years old), but looking to move to a digital business as I am looking for more freedom. Becoming a digital nomad with digital products appeals the most as I would like to travel the world with my daughter and don't want the responsibility of products, shipping, etc anymore.

If one's excitement factor is a good predictor, then I love securing valuable domain names for resale. I think I'm pretty good at it. I have secured about 40 .online domains such as psychedelics-, buyshares-, bridalguide-, businessinsider-, cannabiskits, designercannabis-, designerweed-, drivetraffic-, nomadguide-, and many many more. I think this is a field I can do really well in; just not completely sure what the best route would be to connect the correct buyer to each domain name. There must be a more genius way than simply using sites such as Flippa, Sedo, etc.

Any advice or help would be appreciated. I am very open-minded and willing to learn. Thanks for your time.

Hey Chantel,

I love South Africa. Last time I was there I spent some time in Kruger national park, then went to Cape Town and really enjoyed it. I finished off the trip in Mauritius which was pretty amazing. I was gone from NY for about a month. Cape Town was by far my favorite - even did the drive up to Gansbaii to go cage diving with great whites.

Have you thought about selling your skincare line?

The domain business is cool but you literally may need thousands to sell.

I sold the domain wineist.com to a company that was running their business from a .co. At the time I thought, what if I search all the .co businesses and try to secure their domain without them knowing, then emailing them and trying to sell them the .com.

It’s definitely a nice little strategy that has worked for me.

chantelleSA

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 30, 2019
Hey Chantel,

I love South Africa. Last time I was there I spent some time in Kruger national park, then went to Cape Town and really enjoyed it. I finished off the trip in Mauritius which was pretty amazing. I was gone from NY for about a month. Cape Town was by far my favorite - even did the drive up to Gansbaii to go cage diving with great whites.

I sold the domain wineist.com to a company that was running their business from a .co. At the time I thought, what if I search all the .co businesses and try to secure their domain without them knowing, then emailing them and trying to sell them the .com.

Hi.

Thanks for the email. Glad you had an amazing time in South Africa.

My skincare line is something I formulate myself. It gives me control over quality and ingredients. I'm not a fan of importing as it is mostly profits (either side) - not quality. I'm about transparency and honestly.

Your strategy is very interesting and something to think about. What I have also learnt that one should be careful about securing brand names as they might go after you if you try and sell it to them. I try to stick to popular keyword terms such as bridalguide.online, psychedelics.online, capetownguide.online, visitcapetown.online, findmyphone.online, etc. Something that can draw in a lot of organic traffic for a company, even if they use a redirect to their current main site.

My research now is to find the most effective marketing stategy without wasting time and resources. I have for example contacted the 25 largest stock exchange platforms to promote the potential of buyshares.online . My thinking is that if I place the domain name in front of them along with some marketing copy, it will plant a seed and they might just consider it.

Let's see what happens. I'm very excited and sure that it's just a matter of time when the big fish bite ;)

Warm Regards
C
Hey Chantel,

Hi.

Thanks for the email. Glad you had an amazing time in South Africa.

My skincare line is something I formulate myself. It gives me control over quality and ingredients. I'm not a fan of importing as it is mostly profits (either side) - not quality. I'm about transparency and honestly.

Your strategy is very interesting and something to think about. What I have also learnt that one should be careful about securing brand names as they might go after you if you try and sell it to them. I try to stick to popular keyword terms such as bridalguide.online, psychedelics.online, capetownguide.online, visitcapetown.online, findmyphone.online, etc. Something that can draw in a lot of organic traffic for a company, even if they use a redirect to their current main site.

My research now is to find the most effective marketing stategy without wasting time and resources. I have for example contacted the 25 largest stock exchange platforms to promote the potential of buyshares.online . My thinking is that if I place the domain name in front of them along with some marketing copy, it will plant a seed and they might just consider it.

Let's see what happens. I'm very excited and sure that it's just a matter of time when the big fish bite ;)

Warm Regards
C

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
I will find another partner and a year from now i will send you a report of how far ive gone... and i guarantee that you will regret not joining me. lol

She doesn't need you to send her anything and she wont regret a thing.

As you have admitted your English is not up to scratch, perhaps you are unaware of how ridiculous you come across.

Dan

chantelleSA

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 30, 2019
hmmm... but this cold calling is not the type you have to convince someone to buy some product, plus you get to be business partner. not just an empliyee. think about it. we will be in a verge of making money for an early retirement.
Hi Lunga. You have not elaborated on your type of business in any of your emails. Not sure how you expect me to entertain what you are offering. There are so many chancers and scams on the internet, that I would have to do due diligence before even contemplating your opportunity. Also, why haven't you approached anyone else to partner with you - why on this forum? Just some valid questions. Regards. Chantelle

chantelleSA

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 30, 2019
Hi Lunga.
ok i get it why you are concerned about being scammed. the problem is that i live in an african populated area and non of them have the ability and drive to launch an internet business. My business is not just another joe business that sells junk products on the internet or an MLM. its a web service that caters to the home event business industry. i will attach a few documents that will explain what i wish to achieve and will prove that im a real person that exist. I'll attach, my business registration documents, my approval of rights to South African debit orders, Documents that explain what my business is about and all stuff that proves im legit. i need you to understand that im a technical guy and i have covered everything from web design to document presentations but i realy suck at communicating with people. You live SA and you understand quiet well that a white accent is respected by all races and i need a white lady business partner to build up this business. and im ready to give up 50% of my business if you agree to join.
Hi Lunga. I took a quick look at your business. It is not something I would be interested in. I wish you all the best in your ventures.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hi Lunga.

Hi Lunga. I took a quick look at your business. It is not something I would be interested in. I wish you all the best in your ventures.

I apologize that your introduction has been hijacked by someone trying to sell you a business opportunity. Those posts have been deleted.

Welcome to the forum.

chantelleSA

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 30, 2019
I apologize that your introduction has been hijacked by someone trying to sell you a business opportunity. Those posts have been deleted.

Welcome to the forum.
Hi. Not a problem. Sometimes it is necessary to gently put people in their place.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...