Hey everyone,
I haven't seen this as a topic, and it's been on my mind a lot lately so I'm looking for your opinions.
The basic idea of the question is should you change/modify your original name? A lot of artist do it obviously, and I've noticed a lot of writes also write under a pen name. In the past I've worked on projects where my name was not necessarily displayed as the creator, but now I'm trying to build on my name and display my future work on a personal website. ( I am not talking about a legal change, just about producing content )
My argument in favor of this is using a name that makes sence to everyone on an international level. A name that will be easy to remember/recognize.
My argument against it is possible complications with legal documents and general confusion of people that already know me.
What do you think?
I haven't seen this as a topic, and it's been on my mind a lot lately so I'm looking for your opinions.
The basic idea of the question is should you change/modify your original name? A lot of artist do it obviously, and I've noticed a lot of writes also write under a pen name. In the past I've worked on projects where my name was not necessarily displayed as the creator, but now I'm trying to build on my name and display my future work on a personal website. ( I am not talking about a legal change, just about producing content )
My argument in favor of this is using a name that makes sence to everyone on an international level. A name that will be easy to remember/recognize.
My argument against it is possible complications with legal documents and general confusion of people that already know me.
What do you think?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
