The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Changing life direction #disabledstyle

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
From government assistance to something of my own

I'm schizophrenic

Self chosen id like to say.

I have a limit on what I can make soo that's where the trouble comes in.

Im trying to make money on my own, and can only make so much on government assistance.

If I make to much they take away my ssi check along with my Medicaid

Here's the kicker...if I get off of Medicaid I loose my benefits. They pay for a shot-my medicine that is around 3k!

I have a couple options...
A. Get two full time jobs
B. Study soo much of stocks or something I'm good at that I could get off Medicaid at a certain time and be able to make enough money to go on my own

Both are flawed

I'm clueless what to do because they both are so hypothetical

There are other options... I just can't give up hope.

There's a way out there i just need to spot it...Damn it!

Nobody believes in me...and nobody understands because all of this red pill methodology

There was this mathematician that was a schizophrenic

He might have some insights

But that's not the point...way to far off topic

Way way way. To much, trust me

I'm disabled. But I'm hoping to be something more than schizophrenic. It's only part of me. And soo many of us are f*cked up. Obese, dumb, bleh. Fastlane baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Take some advice from another person with a disability, although not nearly as serious:

Judging from your post, you sound like you REALLY need to be on your meds. Do not start working two full-time jobs. That's stressful for most people, and for someone with schizophrenia I can't imagine any good would come out of that.

As of right now, you don't have the money to be off Medicaid, so don't think about it. See if you have a product/service that people actually want first.

Maybe learn copywriting, and offer to write for free, or however much you're allowed to make.

If you're possibly getting more money than you know what to do with, THEN start considering getting off assistance.

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
As of right now, Maybe learn copywriting, and offer to write for free, or however much you're allowed to make.

That's the idea I was leaning towards. Stocks in particular. I was having doubts though...

Schizophrenia is tough. I actually have been having a hard time with it... I'm only 24 and this stuff is very real

Judging from your post, you sound like you REALLY need to be on your meds. Do not start working two full-time jobs. That's stressful for most people, and for someone with schizophrenia I can't imagine any good would come out of that.

Haha bold huh

As of right now, you don't have the money to be off Medicaid, so don't think about it. See if you have a product/service that people actually want first.

Well put. I was actually looking for other options... I know that I could learn a skill for a while, but I just don't think I could go from nothing to three thousand a month. Would that even be possible. It would be a hard nut to crack.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
That's the idea I was leaning towards. Stocks in particular. I was having doubts though...

Schizophrenia is tough. I actually have been having a hard time with it... I'm only 24 and this stuff is very real

Haha bold huh

Well put. I was actually looking for other options... I know that I could learn a skill for a while, but I just don't think I could go from nothing to three thousand a month. Would that even be possible. It would be a hard nut to crack.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound too blunt, just looking out for you as much as an internet stranger can ❤️

But you have to declare your income frequently correct? I would leave that up to the assistance program to determine what you should get. I mean if you have a business which the profits vary every month, they can determine how much you should get as long as you declare it.

I'm not sure how it works where you live though, you should check that out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh

Haha bold huh

P.S. I have a friend who's schizophrenic, and I've had honest conversations with him as well about his well-being, and what I've observed from him.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.