- Joined
- Feb 18, 2014
- Messages
- 2
Rep Bank
$140
$140
User Power: 150%
Hi, my name is Ben. I'm about 2/3 of the way through TMF and loving every chapter; the book is a real eye opener.
My current Slowlane is training to be a pilot. Make no mistake, I love to fly (I have my Private Pilots Licence), but given the constant uncertainty of the industry and the huge upfront costs to train, in a market which is actually saturated with wannabe pilot's who just haven't gained employment yet, I'm beginning to ask myself whether it's worth changing lanes. After all, it seems to me like "Everyone is doing it!" even though relatively speaking pilots are certainly a minority in the general population.
The book is changing the way I view things. You see, being a pilot (at least in the early stages) you don't even get the luxury of a 9-5! You're working ridiculous hours and could be called upon at any time to work even more (freedom?!). You have to pass stringent medical tests, constant re-examinations, and that's if you can get a job in the first place. Once you are employed, you're at the mercy of your airline -- and from speaking to current pilots it's a cut throat industry. Also there's practically no "travel" involved any more; all you get to see is the insides of airport terminals.
Anyway, rant over.
My current Fastlane idea is a lifestyle/productivity/consultancy business. The way I see things is that we're living in the 21st Century and people really aren't making the most of the technology we have to offer. Technology to the common person is zoning out in front of the TV/Facebook/XBox etc and these things are a distraction rather than a tool to boost productivity. I'm looking to change this by showing people how they can best organise their life, environment and utilise their tech (phone apps etc) to improve their working and social life. But of course, I don't want to give away too much just yet
I look forward to reading everything you Fastlane guys and girls have to say and hopefully we'll speak soon.
-BC.
My current Slowlane is training to be a pilot. Make no mistake, I love to fly (I have my Private Pilots Licence), but given the constant uncertainty of the industry and the huge upfront costs to train, in a market which is actually saturated with wannabe pilot's who just haven't gained employment yet, I'm beginning to ask myself whether it's worth changing lanes. After all, it seems to me like "Everyone is doing it!" even though relatively speaking pilots are certainly a minority in the general population.
The book is changing the way I view things. You see, being a pilot (at least in the early stages) you don't even get the luxury of a 9-5! You're working ridiculous hours and could be called upon at any time to work even more (freedom?!). You have to pass stringent medical tests, constant re-examinations, and that's if you can get a job in the first place. Once you are employed, you're at the mercy of your airline -- and from speaking to current pilots it's a cut throat industry. Also there's practically no "travel" involved any more; all you get to see is the insides of airport terminals.
Anyway, rant over.
My current Fastlane idea is a lifestyle/productivity/consultancy business. The way I see things is that we're living in the 21st Century and people really aren't making the most of the technology we have to offer. Technology to the common person is zoning out in front of the TV/Facebook/XBox etc and these things are a distraction rather than a tool to boost productivity. I'm looking to change this by showing people how they can best organise their life, environment and utilise their tech (phone apps etc) to improve their working and social life. But of course, I don't want to give away too much just yet
I look forward to reading everything you Fastlane guys and girls have to say and hopefully we'll speak soon.
-BC.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
