The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Caught myself making a mistake before I made it

intrigue

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Apr 21, 2011
I'm currently watching a seminar series "Altitude," by Eben Pagan (MJ, have you ever meet him?) and I learned an incredibly powerful message. Customers and people in general, don't give a rats a$$ about you. They only care about what they can get from you or to put it more lightly, what you can solve for them.

Filling their need, a major principle from the fastlane book.

As you guys know, I started an internet marketing journey blog with the emphasis on teaching people what I learned as I learn it. Basically, transparently revealing my trials and errors in internet marketing from a complete newb's perspective, by being as detailed as possible.

I've already put a post up that's more of an introduction.. so that's okay. But I was working on my second post, amping things up to where I want to show people how I set up my blog by buying a domain/hosting and then installing wordpress... .etc. It will take a few posts before I start really providing the value that people are actively looking for. But I believe these more personal intro posts are an important foundation towards building a brand.

Anyways, even with that in mind... people really don't care too much about me as a person. They only care insofar that what I'm about CONNECTS with who they are as a person and what they need.

My post was going on and on about how I meet a random guy who introduced me to a blog that talked about internet marketing. I was getting to wrapped up in my own story and forgot to connect only the parts that matter to what people really want.

People don't care that I meet a random stranger. They don't care that I majored in business. They don't care that we talked about random stuff like the singularity and girls. I was getting to much into "writing my personal diary."

I made the mistake of thinking that giving every little detail about myself would engage the audience more... the audience only engages with what they can connect with and what could help them or benefit them in some way, even if it's just on an emotional level.

Anyways, I scrapped half the post and am rewriting it as we speak.

:p

PS: I might just have to make this a post and slap it onto my blog!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
Yes, I think that's a great idea!

I think it's good to have *some* personal background in a blog, so people connect to you as a person. That makes it more interesting than some dry textbook. But you don't want to turn it into your private diary.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.