I've made several attempts at creating companies in different industries, markets and what not.
Some failed, some succeeded, but what I learned along the way, was that one of the biggest factors of success in a business, is hitting a trend - whether it's a product trend that consumers prefer, or it's a marketing trend (could be designtrends that vary from subculture to subculture).
Currently looking for inspiration for a new business, I was wondering if we could make a thread where people share there ideas for business trends (could be marketing, consumer products, design trends, or another).
Personally, in 2016 & 2017 / mostly 2017 / I found the trend of consumer products such as small gadgets being quite funny to explore business wise. What I'm talking about are the small gadgets like fidget spinners, cubes and what not that distracts people, and especially helps people with adhd/just lots of energy.
In 2018 I see this trend fading, and a consumer base that's moving towards a very competitive sort of entertainment - seen in games such as Fortnite, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds and what not.
I'm just posting this, to hear what your thoughts are on upcoming & present consumer trends, and what/where trends in 2018 are moving towards
Best regards,
Some failed, some succeeded, but what I learned along the way, was that one of the biggest factors of success in a business, is hitting a trend - whether it's a product trend that consumers prefer, or it's a marketing trend (could be designtrends that vary from subculture to subculture).
Currently looking for inspiration for a new business, I was wondering if we could make a thread where people share there ideas for business trends (could be marketing, consumer products, design trends, or another).
Personally, in 2016 & 2017 / mostly 2017 / I found the trend of consumer products such as small gadgets being quite funny to explore business wise. What I'm talking about are the small gadgets like fidget spinners, cubes and what not that distracts people, and especially helps people with adhd/just lots of energy.
In 2018 I see this trend fading, and a consumer base that's moving towards a very competitive sort of entertainment - seen in games such as Fortnite, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds and what not.
I'm just posting this, to hear what your thoughts are on upcoming & present consumer trends, and what/where trends in 2018 are moving towards
Best regards,
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
