The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Case Study: 30% Increase in Revenue per User

JoeV

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Feb 20, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
I posted a Conversion Rate Optimization case study on here before and we have a new case study that I want to share, but I also want to share some extra insight that can't be found in our new case study.

The new case study details how we increased Average Order value by 35% and Average Revenue per Visitor by 30% for a popular ecommerce site, Online boutique for the misfits and miss legits. Let's party! | Dolls Kill. I left out an interesting discovery from that case study. Read the following case study first and come back here to continue reading.

Revenue per Visitor Up 30% - Prodigal Solutions

In that case study, I left out that there was an extra variation in that split test. We had the original page design and 3 new variations, not 2. The missing variation was almost identical to the variation that won, but it linked to specific product pages. The winning variation linked to pages with many products. We discovered that visitors responded much better when going to pages with multiple product options from the links in the footer. The difference in revenue per visitor was significant.

Every site is different, but this is something you can try on your site to hopefully generate more revenue per visitor. Many sites have links to more products in the footer. Design a new table that will link to pages with multiple products and a/b test it.

See the footer at one of the product pages at Online boutique for the misfits and miss legits. Let's party! | Dolls Kill for an example. You will see 4 images that link to pages with multiple products.

Just make sure you track the revenue per visitor and the average order value. We noticed that this improvement did not increase conversion rates, it just increased revenue. But, that is what counts, right?

I hope you guys find this useful.

Joe

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.