Chicago457
New Contributor
- Joined
- Nov 21, 2012
- Messages
- 41
Rep Bank
$95
$95
User Power: 22%
Was playing around with the idea of selling custom carbon fiber car parts per order. Something such as C7 Carbon Fiber, Aerodynamic Parts
I know how to work with carbon fiber. It is relatively easy and the cost of the materials is a fraction of the cost I see parts going for. I need to learn molding parts though as I have only used it in laying on surfboards/kiteboards (came out looking sexy though). For sure after the process is mastered it would be a quick n easy process.
I am talking about doing gas cap covers, dashboards, mail in parts, etc. Not as a full time job but to make some extra money on the side doing something I enjoy. Plus the profits on carbon fiber parts are VERY lucrative per the cost of the actual materials. I can order yards for cheap.
Just an idea, winter I would have no where to work and do this anyways. But brainstorming is always nice.
Anyone have experience with anything like this? Would love ideas/advice/suggestions.
I know how to work with carbon fiber. It is relatively easy and the cost of the materials is a fraction of the cost I see parts going for. I need to learn molding parts though as I have only used it in laying on surfboards/kiteboards (came out looking sexy though). For sure after the process is mastered it would be a quick n easy process.
I am talking about doing gas cap covers, dashboards, mail in parts, etc. Not as a full time job but to make some extra money on the side doing something I enjoy. Plus the profits on carbon fiber parts are VERY lucrative per the cost of the actual materials. I can order yards for cheap.
Just an idea, winter I would have no where to work and do this anyways. But brainstorming is always nice.
Anyone have experience with anything like this? Would love ideas/advice/suggestions.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
