The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Carbon fiber parts

Chicago457

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Nov 21, 2012
Was playing around with the idea of selling custom carbon fiber car parts per order. Something such as C7 Carbon Fiber, Aerodynamic Parts

I know how to work with carbon fiber. It is relatively easy and the cost of the materials is a fraction of the cost I see parts going for. I need to learn molding parts though as I have only used it in laying on surfboards/kiteboards (came out looking sexy though). For sure after the process is mastered it would be a quick n easy process.

I am talking about doing gas cap covers, dashboards, mail in parts, etc. Not as a full time job but to make some extra money on the side doing something I enjoy. Plus the profits on carbon fiber parts are VERY lucrative per the cost of the actual materials. I can order yards for cheap.

Just an idea, winter I would have no where to work and do this anyways. But brainstorming is always nice.

Anyone have experience with anything like this? Would love ideas/advice/suggestions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
I'd think you'd get a ton of business from all the hundreds of car enthusiast forums. Put up a site w/ high resolution photos of your parts and some how-to videos for some credibility.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I troll a lot of exotic car meet ups all around southern california and there is definitely a market for this. These guys love detailing their cars with carbon fiber because its light and tough. This would be a good place to start.

Anything exotic car related or millionaire related I would begin selling at these meetups. There are a lot of young guys that come to these meetups to admire, socialize about these high performance vehicles. This would actually be a good place to promote TMF as a matter of fact.

One question I would ask myself is where do these guys get it currently and how can I do it better instead of being a "me too" money chaser.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.