The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Car Sharing App Idea

Idea threads

NAZ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 21, 2022
Hi guys,

I am new to the FLF having completed reading The Millionaire Fastlane , I have thought of an idea for an app an am currently working on it and would love to hear your feedback and if you would like to join me on this Fasttlane journey.
So the concept is simple its a ride sharing / car pooling app which would allow commuters to break away from the mass public transportation, i.e trains and buses, it would do so by providing a quicker mode of transport and specified destination for a fraction of the price of a taxi.

An Example:
Person A has a 5 seater car and they are willing to 'share' the 3 rear seats on the app, Person A works at location E which is a business park so accomodates multiple companies Person B, C and D also work at said park and if they are in a close proximity to Person A or along the route which A takes to work without causing a large detour it will inform both parties and if they both accept then they will join A on their journey to the park. This would cost the induvidiuals B C and D to a cheaper fare than taxis whilst providing the same service.

The target audience of this app is the everyday commuter who wants convnience of travelling to work or Uni for the fraction of the price of a taxi but also providing a specific destiantion, their work, as opposed to public transport which may leave them a 10/15 min walk from their destination.

Doing some research I have found a similar app, quite a large one to be fair BlaBla Cars which provide the same concept as what I have in mind but if im not mistaken they mainly target long distance travels, between cities or countries as oppose to the everyday commuter who can't finance a car but wants the luxury of a taxi for a percentage of the price.

This is obviously a basic idea of what I am currently working on and I would be really grateful if you could leave your opinions on this post and wether you think it agrees with the 5 commandements with MJ has stated in MLF, currently I am biased so can't analyse it as truthfully as I would like to. Again I would like to thank you all for taking the time to read this post and having found the MLF I am going to use it to make me a fastlane millionaire, I hope to hear from you all. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
Wait I dont understand are you saying that its similiar to Uber so its not a good idea?
IT can be good idea if he can provide lower prices or new features. remember so far only two players are in this market ( Uber /Lyft)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.