The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

App idea..how to get started?

Idea threads

tommey17

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 21, 2021
Hey my friends.

For years I am playing with this app idea in my mind now. I have no coding background at all. I would need to hire someone. I'm willing to invest some money. But how can I make sure this person wouldn't just use my idea and do it by themselves?

Anyone with some experiences?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

watchopt

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
May 5, 2020
us
But how can I make sure this person wouldn't just use my idea and do it by themselves
Hello. I have no experience with this but have read a few things about it. It appears the 'execution of an idea' is what one has to protect. So, that means a detailed step by step agreement with that person is your protection?

Or if they are working in your company using your resources, it is protected.

May be work with them in such a way where whatever happens is a win-win.

My 2 cents

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
Hey my friends.

For years I am playing with this app idea in my mind now. I have no coding background at all. I would need to hire someone. I'm willing to invest some money. But how can I make sure this person wouldn't just use my idea and do it by themselves?

Anyone with some experiences?
From my experience , people who will know your idea most likely they will not go too far simply because they don't have all your vision and why your idea is right, beside they lack the skills , and most people are not willing to spend money on business models that are unknown , business ideas that got stolen usually for known models , for example if I discover this city lack pizza shops , and tell it to my friend , then yes they might go and open one since they can imagine the rest, but telling your friend you want to create app that help people out source their laundry work , will not trigger the same, as it is hard to predict the profit and no other model available to compare and execution is even harder.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Don't worry about people stealing your idea. The app is only the product, the marketing is the business.... :peace:

Please give this a read before you spend any money... it might save you a lot of stress my good man.

Feel free to PM me if you need any help or advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.