The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can someone recommend a Hosted CRM + Project Manager?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I am looking for something that integrates possibly both pieces. The ultimate software would let me integrate gravity forms as well so the leads go direct into the CRM.

Essentially I need a CRM that can handle customers through a sales funnel, if i can integrate with forms or emails that would be a huge plus to eliminate double work. On top of that i want to be able to keep that CRM data inside a project management app that I can use to track work from converted leads and also delegate parts to a team.

Paid or free app, what have you all used. Ive tried salesforce, base, zoho(breifly), I've used basecamp in the past but none of them fluidly stitch together as far as I can see.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I googled "crm project management software" and the first result is https://podio.com/ which combines everything and seems to be used by a bunch of big and small companies.

Did you look at this?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Nope, some how i haven't. I will give that a test run, looks like its made by Citirix. I was hoping to see if someone has used something in the past with success but I am going to try this as well. thanks!

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I looked at a few reviews because I'm deciding on a crm myself right now (but will probably go with salesforce because there are a bunch of real estate specific "addons" available). It seems like Podio targets rather big companies. But maybe it'll work for you..

ThomasT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jan 12, 2013
I am looking for something that integrates possibly both pieces. The ultimate software would let me integrate gravity forms as well so the leads go direct into the CRM.

Essentially I need a CRM that can handle customers through a sales funnel, if i can integrate with forms or emails that would be a huge plus to eliminate double work. On top of that i want to be able to keep that CRM data inside a project management app that I can use to track work from converted leads and also delegate parts to a team.

Paid or free app, what have you all used. Ive tried salesforce, base, zoho(breifly), I've used basecamp in the past but none of them fluidly stitch together as far as I can see.

You should look at openerp.com latest ver 7.
This is a complete ERP with project management, a killer CRM and invoicing, accounting.

This is actually the software we are currently developing our niche version from, this is fully opensource, but can be used hosted from openerp.
You can testdrive it and see, but i think this will be some of the best ones out there to be honest.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I looked at a few reviews because I'm deciding on a crm myself right now (but will probably go with salesforce because there are a bunch of real estate specific "addons" available). It seems like Podio targets rather big companies. But maybe it'll work for you..

I like salesforce but it just doesnt do everything i need all in one place.

You should look at openerp.com latest ver 7.
This is a complete ERP with project management, a killer CRM and invoicing, accounting.

This is actually the software we are currently developing our niche version from, this is fully opensource, but can be used hosted from openerp.
You can testdrive it and see, but i think this will be some of the best ones out there to be honest.

This is interesting! I demo'ed it a little bit, its not the easiest one to figure out but its not total junk either. I wonder if there is versions of this for what i need like you are developing. Thanks for pointing this out. rep +

dbjennings

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
May 21, 2012
Tennessee
I'm trying to implement something very similar to what you are doing right now. Nothing has fit the bill perfectly (I've used or demoed a ton of options), but I spent a good deal of time demoing Zoho this weekend. Other than issues synching to Google Calendar, I have been very pleased. Unfortunately, the demo version doesn't show everything I need. I'm very happy with the CRM side (particularly the ease of customization). However, I, too, need a CRM solution that integrates well with project management. The demo version of Zoho doesn't allow me to use all of the project management tools. Would you mind sharing your experience with Zoho? What did it not do that you needed?

I'm going to have to go back to Salesforce if I can't find something better. It is the best I've used so far, but it is a bit pricey (and doesn't integrate CRM and project management as smoothly as I would like).

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I'm trying to implement something very similar to what you are doing right now. Nothing has fit the bill perfectly (I've used or demoed a ton of options), but I spent a good deal of time demoing Zoho this weekend. Other than issues synching to Google Calendar, I have been very pleased. Unfortunately, the demo version doesn't show everything I need. I'm very happy with the CRM side (particularly the ease of customization). However, I, too, need a CRM solution that integrates well with project management. The demo version of Zoho doesn't allow me to use all of the project management tools. Would you mind sharing your experience with Zoho? What did it not do that you needed?

I'm going to have to go back to Salesforce if I can't find something better. It is the best I've used so far, but it is a bit pricey (and doesn't integrate CRM and project management as smoothly as I would like).

I never really got a good run with zoho because they have too much going on. you have to pay if you want mobile, pay if you want this pay if you want that. it's annoying. So it may be a great CRM but i never gave it a full test run because they are so fragmented.

It's also the reason for this thread, I was hoping to find someone that had experience rather than going through 50 solutions trying to figure out something that works. I am surprised there is nothing freelancer specific because I imagine that would be the biggest targettable market for a software that did all that.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

I just re got into the account. i did notice someone sells a gravity forms to zoho plugin, so now I may re-evaluate. Ideally I'd love to be able to use it to email back and forth with leads. almost like a support ticket where even though it's an email back and forth, it gets copied into the CRM. I have no idea if they do that or not. Syncing would be great.

maybe you can give me a run down of how you are using it?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.