The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can someone explain these business models to me...?

RemySheppard

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Jun 15, 2017
Fayetteville, North Carolina
I came across these two websites that are in the software field. I understand they are using third party software and charging clients and teaching them to use that software it seems / using the software to get clients results. But i i feel there are more to these business models i am missing, like how exactly are they making money off of this software. Can you someone explain these two business models to the best of your knowledge to me.

Websites:

Thanks
You pretty much got it.

When I think in terms of hiring vs outsourcing, I see why this works.

You own a company; you get sold on Infusionsoft as being the best inbound marketing /lead capture/ email /whatever they even do anymore and so you pay their fees to set things up.

Good to go.

Except when you log in you realize that while it may be powerful, it's also super complicated, and you already have enough on your plate without wanting to learn how to do this thing as well.

You can go through the entire process, hire a guy for $60,000 a year, pay his benefits, give him a dental plan, etc etc, OR you can pay this marketing company significantly less (even into the tens of thousands it's still a savings) and let them do it for you.

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
You pretty much got it.

When I think in terms of hiring vs outsourcing, I see why this works.

You own a company; you get sold on Infusionsoft as being the best inbound marketing /lead capture/ email /whatever they even do anymore and so you pay their fees to set things up.

Good to go.

Except when you log in you realize that while it may be powerful, it's also super complicated, and you already have enough on your plate without wanting to learn how to do this thing as well.

You can go through the entire process, hire a guy for $60,000 a year, pay his benefits, give him a dental plan, etc etc, OR you can pay this marketing company significantly less (even into the tens of thousands it's still a savings) and let them do it for you.
Yep. You hit it right on the head.

I'm actually working with a company that is going to build me a Quick Base application right now.

I need a software that does a ton of custom things that no normal CRM or sales management software will have pre built.

I found Quick Base which is made to be customizable, but I realized it would take me forever to do it myself since I have no idea how to do it. So I found a developing company whos whole business is making custom Quick Base applications.

It will probably cost 10-20k but will have every feature I'm looking for. The cost savings is insane when you compare it to my other options like Zendesk which is up to $105/ month per user. I'll be paying down to $20/per user over time on Quick Base, and since I'll have over 100 users that is some major savings. Add in the fact that it will have every feature I want and is completely scalable, theres no reason not to hire a company like them.

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
I came across these two websites that are in the software field. I understand they are using third party software and charging clients and teaching them to use that software it seems / using the software to get clients results. But i i feel there are more to these business models i am missing, like how exactly are they making money off of this software. Can you someone explain these two business models to the best of your knowledge to me.

Websites:

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.