The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can anyone explain this to me?

D

Deleted85763

Think about it. Our ability to solve problems is growing exponentially because of computer sciences. Too bad that we can't apply that knowledge to other issues in the human experience -- like getting along with others...
The technology was there. All they need was the virus sequence. The other "exerts", with decades experience, did not know about that technology? It didn't happen overnight.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
The technology was there. All they need was the virus sequence. The other "exerts", with decades experience, did not know about that technology? It didn't happen overnight.
I agree. Computers have just made the whole process not only possible -- but faster.

As far as the "experts" -- they knew about the technology. They were just singing the old song.

Flint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jul 14, 2020

I did your homework and googled an example (from April 11, 2020):

https://healthmanagement.org/c/hospital/news/where-does-C0VlD-19-vaccine-development-stand

As Peter Hotez, dean at Baylor University’s National School of Tropical Medicine, said in a comment to National Geographic, “A year to 18 months would be absolutely unprecedented.” He admitted that deploying technology and additional funding could shorten the time for vaccine delivery, but stressed that “we have to be really careful about those time estimates.”

Was that the guy and the quote?

D

Deleted85763

I did your homework and googled an example (from April 11, 2020):

https://healthmanagement.org/c/hospital/news/where-does-C0VlD-19-vaccine-development-stand

Was that the guy and the quote?
I don't know if that was the guy but it is possible that experts meant that any possible vaccines may not pass trials and it may take years to find one that does, if ever.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Flint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jul 14, 2020
I don't know if that was the guy but he too did not know they already "had" the vaccine? Something is really wrong here. Could it be that the experts were spending their career and lots of money on older technology and had no idea of or didn't think the new technology was viable? I find that hard to believe.
The linked article states there were still 115 vaccine candidates in the pipeline at that time. They didn't know which and if any would be safe and effective against C0VlD-19. It's easy to say now we had the vaccine the whole time. But it was a numbers game and a massive effort to run all the studies.

Besides, the guy is a researcher and I wouldn't expect him to understand all regulatory, logistical, supply chain, commercial and financial aspects of vaccine development, especially during a health crisis. To be fair, it sounds like he was trying to manage expectations that it wouldn't be an easy task and it could take longer. I see where he was coming from and I see no mystery here.

On a lighter note:

1623882890224.png

D

Deleted85763

The linked article states there were still 115 vaccine candidates in the pipeline at that time. They didn't know which and if any would be safe and effective against C0VlD-19. It's easy to say now we had the vaccine the whole time. But it was a numbers game and a massive effort to run all the studies.

Besides, the guy is a researcher and I wouldn't expect him to understand all regulatory, logistical, supply chain, commercial and financial aspects of vaccine development, especially during a health crisis. To be fair, it sounds like he was trying to manage expectations that it wouldn't be an easy task and it could take longer. I see where he was coming from and I see no mystery here.

On a lighter note:

View attachment 38459
Thanks to your research I did some of my own and I think I solved it! What happened, to make a very long story short, was RNA vaccines were thought by most of the scientists and companies not to be viable. However, that was proved wrong when the trials showed they worked in the fall of 2020.

So the lesson, that was I was going for originally: Do your own work. If it feels right or looks promising or you just know keeping going. Don't let others, even those with authority in the subject, tell you it can't be done or will not work. Keep on keeping on. The Beatles did it ("Guitar music is out" the industry executives said). Now two little known scientists did it as well. You can, too!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.