The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can a Recording Artist go FASTLANE

Idea threads

MGD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 26, 2020
Delaware, USA
I’ve been recording music for a couple years now. For the most part it’s been costing me money (funded by other sources).

Recently I crossed 6,000 monthly listeners on Spotify — and I’m wondering how far I can take this.

With modern distribution you can own 100% of your royalties and publishing. But yes, the streaming platforms still have control.

1,000,000 streams earns about $3000.

I’m working to own the means of production (my own studio vs renting studio time), (creating instrumentals/beats vs buying exclusive tracks).

Social Media Content is one way to grow listeners. Other is paid ads. Word of mouth is ideal.

Brainstorm with me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Trismigistus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Sep 5, 2023
I think a recording artist can go fastlane. Look at people like Tom MacDonald, his model seems to be very successful for him. You gotta be damn good and stand out, though. You'll still lose some amount of control since you will need to use someone elses platform to promote yourself, but then could sell your CDs. At the end of the day your music needs to slap. Take a look at Oliver Anthony, a single upload of him playing guitar in a field and singing. Then he bleeeeew up, because that song was REALLY good.

Fasted

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 18, 2021
UK
I’ve been recording music for a couple years now. For the most part it’s been costing me money (funded by other sources).

Recently I crossed 6,000 monthly listeners on Spotify — and I’m wondering how far I can take this.

With modern distribution you can own 100% of your royalties and publishing. But yes, the streaming platforms still have control.

1,000,000 streams earns about $3000.

I’m working to own the means of production (my own studio vs renting studio time), (creating instrumentals/beats vs buying exclusive tracks).

Social Media Content is one way to grow listeners. Other is paid ads. Word of mouth is ideal.

Brainstorm with me.
lets have a listen then....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.