The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can a clothing company be fastlane?

CoMp1eX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 1, 2007
Hi, I would like to start a clothing company targeting a certain niche.

Is there ways to make it fastlane?

Maybe offer an affiliate program? But then that might hurt the brand image..

What else?

:coffee:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bizboy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Dec 25, 2007
Florida
Of course, even a better chance to have success if you target a certain niche.

Sure you could do a affiliate program, it won't hurt the brand since customers will be just buying from a different retail store name.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
Many businesses are fastlane compatible.

This one?

Licensing would be a great idea. Why? You can expand faster and getting paid while doing it. License to others in the same country or to other countries. Make a guaranteed annual fee + a guaranteed royalty percentage on gross-turnover.

Need to be in place: A system that can be easily copied by licensees. Look at McDonalds to get an idea of how it works.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

CoMp1eX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 1, 2007
Thank you for your replies.

I want it to be similar to Calvin Klein, Ben Sherman, ect. Not just a regular t-shirt company. So I'm not sure how I could encompass the web 2.0 model.

I do want it to be online based at first, but eventually open physical retail locations. Building a very strong brand and going worldwide would be the ultimate goal.

I will keep all your ideas/advice in mind :yourock: Any others?

Finding the right manufacturer is whats holding me back right now. Well, I do have a few tradeshows coming up... I was thinking about finding one in the US, but I would eventually have to outsource it to grow bigger.

Do you recommend actually flying overseas and looking? Or how would you go about this?

phade

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 4, 2008
Hawaii
You might want to ask around the forums at dobizo.com - they seem to have some fairly knowledgeable people with experience in the fashion industry.

CoMp1eX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 1, 2007
Thanks, I've seen the site and it's pretty resourceful.

I actually attended the MAGIC trade show recently and it was extremely helpful.

However, the fashion business isn't the exact industry I'd like to be in at the moment.

Not fastlane enough due to several factors.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
If you need a website to help distribute those clothes, look me up (tom@aptohosting.com) :)

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
I want it to be similar to Calvin Klein, Ben Sherman, ect. Not just a regular t-shirt company. So I'm not sure how I could encompass the web 2.0 model.

Lots of people make real good money just being "tshirt makers". It would not hurt to start with that route and expand from there.

I had one called Texas Built. I planned to start with tshirts and expand form there. I had a bunch of shirts printed up with my logo and was selling them on my website and Ebay. The more shirts and designs I added, the more shirts I sold. I was not getting rich, but I was selling about 5 or 6 a day when I quit selling them. I got involved in another business and had little time for it.

I still have the domain TexasBuilt.com to this day. I have wanted to ramp it up again, and might one day. I'd like to see what I can do with it.

texasbuiltsc4.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.