- Joined
- Jun 11, 2015
- Messages
- 307
Rep Bank
$1,725
$1,725
User Power: 204%
Hey all,
So the short story is that essentially I have come up with an idea for a website as a side-project to my business and got on a roll one night and built the simple site, have the concept, the terms and conditions penned out, the general workings all covered.
Im now at the point where I want it to the market and get businesses signed up to the site which is where I'm a little lost for thoughts.
I was wondering if there was anyway I can protect my concept? My worry is that until Ive reached my target amount of signups and things can keep rolling thereon, its suseptable to copycats cloning the site, devaluing the advantage, undercutng me and saturating the market.
Just wondered if there was any way to avoid this or is it just a case of pushing it and having a little luck?
So the short story is that essentially I have come up with an idea for a website as a side-project to my business and got on a roll one night and built the simple site, have the concept, the terms and conditions penned out, the general workings all covered.
Im now at the point where I want it to the market and get businesses signed up to the site which is where I'm a little lost for thoughts.
I was wondering if there was anyway I can protect my concept? My worry is that until Ive reached my target amount of signups and things can keep rolling thereon, its suseptable to copycats cloning the site, devaluing the advantage, undercutng me and saturating the market.
Just wondered if there was any way to avoid this or is it just a case of pushing it and having a little luck?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

